cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uploading web pages

N/A

uploading web pages

I have been allocated a web site with a co.uk address. How do I upload my pages? I cannot get an any help from plus net and they suggested going here to ask someone else! every time I try to upload from Frontpage, the software stalls with the message that it does not support Frontpage extensions!

CAn anyone please help?

cheers
4 REPLIES
N/A

uploading web pages

Hi there,

Is the domain hosted by plus net?

If so have you enabled your FP extensions in the Website settings section of the member section?

Mark
N/A

uploading web pages

Thanks for your reply!
Yeah I have enabled the FP exts but my websire allocated was called deestinygolf. However I wanted a co.uk address and was allocatwed - "www.harper-elite-sports.co.uk" . Course when i try to go for this one, it does not appear to be recognised! Not sure wot to try next!
N/A

uploading web pages

It is not possible at this time to host sites designed and hosted on your FP webspace.

It is only possible to host directly on the CGI or Homepages server.

The only option you do have, is to use a method called freame-redirection, however, many search engines may not like your site if doing this.

Effectivly, this cause the address bar to show your domain, however, it then directs the users browser to the correct ftp.username.plus.com domain.
N/A

uploading web pages

Sounds as if you are trying to upload a webpage created in Frontpage (using FP extensions) to your normal www webspace - username.plus.com
To use Frontpage, the files should be uploaded to fp.username.plus.com by Frontpage itself (you cannot FTP to the Frontopage server), then you get syncronisation between the design on your PC and the webpage.

You will need to do a redirect from your www space to your fp space as already mentioned by acarr.