cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spy ware

slanjavah
Grafter

spy ware

Have recently been getting spyware programs on my pc these after installing P2P software. any way opf stopping these

Slanjavah

May the force be with you
24 REPLIES
Community Veteran

spy ware

Download Adaware and spybot which are effective removal tools, then run them every now and again.
Stopping them in the first place is more difficult.
N/A

spy ware

spybot is anohter good one, i always use two or three, some get picked up by one and missed by another
slanjavah
Grafter

spyware

thanks i'll update my programms
N/A

spy ware

Dont use P2P apps?
CJC1942
Grafter

spy ware

Spyware Blaster does a good job of stopping spyware. Just instal it and it does the job, remember to update it and that's it.
N/A

spy ware

Yep, it's a handy and effective utility.

GM
N/A

spy ware

Spy guard as well, made by the same people who do spyblaster
megadyptes
Dabbler

spy ware

Ok, not exactly anti-spyware, but I've used Webwasher with several browsers and serveral different versions of Windows for a number of years. It can be used to eliminate pop-ups, adverts and as a rudimentary form of access control. It may be of interest to others - especially if you browse advert-heavy web sites. Although I don't think its been actively developed for a while.

I'm fairly sure that because of the way it works that it means pages are fractionally slower to load, but not to the extent that it makes browsing painful. If anyone knows of some other program that does a similar thing then I'd be interested - I never managed to get to grips with Proxomitron, and I think that active development of that has also stopped.
N/A

spy ware

These days many software firewalls have filters built in which perform most of what proxo.... does. I've used it, but I didn't like it and it slowed my browsing down.

But yes, it no longer being developed.
N/A

spy ware

Hi, slanjavah.

Please also take a look at the article at

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1524267,00.asp

Although it's just over a year old, I think that you should be able to pick up some good tips about spyware-free P2P there.
N/A

spy ware

*Cough* LimeWire *cough* is spyware etc. free.
slanjavah
Grafter

spy ware

Hi guys thanks for the replys "Spy Ware Stormer" seems to be working ok for me

Slanjavah

may the force be with you
N/A

spy ware

Firefox?

methinks gadget has turned into buzz. :lol: :lol:
lowry
Grafter

spy ware

I'd also recommend trying out Microsoft's new AntiSpyware Beta product. I have found it to be excellent. It can be downloaded here.

It will automatically update its definitions (Spybot doesn't do this as far as I know) most days. It detected several spyware applications on my computer that Spybot and Adaware did not spot.

matt Wink