cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam

N/A

I got about 1600 spam mails yesterday. Shockedops: That's the most I've ever had. I use Mailwasher to intercept and my PNet spam blocking is set at max.

Has anybody any bright ideas as to how I can set the emails kindly marked [SPAM] by PNet to just get the hell out of my mailbox?

Perhaps there is a way to set up the forwarding of such rec'd mail from my main mailbox to the 'black hole' email address?

I don't set message rules in Outlook, as I don't let anything come in that isn't either filtered or blocked by Mailwasher.

Any brainwaves most gratefully rec'd.
Cheers in advance!
6 REPLIES
N/A

how do u manage to get that much spam.. do u like give out ur email address everywere u go :S or sign up to things wtih the mail account u use all the timeHuh?

on most of my mail accounts i get 1 or 2 spam a day.. even on my hotmail one i get at most 4 a day.. some accounts i get none. Set up a new account with ur user and then dont give it out to ne one apart from ur mates.. when u are asked for an email addy on a site or something use theold that that is getting spammed.
N/A

How to get spam

My email address is only visible in about 3 places on the net. I rarely sign up for anything!

My own sites www.crazeeworld.plus.com and www.theroadrunners.co.uk have several 'email me' invites, but all are properly coded to avoid web bots.

I am fairly certain that I am being personally targetted by a guy who is a bit of a technically inclined boffin (and a known nutter) who travels the world in his job and has nothing better to do all day. Proving it is another matter, however.

In the meantime, I look for any technical solution to the problem. Smiley
Community Veteran

The easiest way to deal with this is to set up named mail boxes for themail you want to receive and then request via a link:contact us that all other mail to your default mail box i.e. any that is not addressed to a box is sent to the black hole.

Edit:
I should add here that if you do the above then you must name a mailbox called postmaster as this is the address that Plusnet specify you must monitor in the term and conditions.
N/A

I get around 100 spam e-mails a day to my hot mail account and a few to one of my PN mailboxes, however to be fair, I expected this.

Since moving to PN, I've setup a dedicated e-mail address which I use on the internet. However since finding out about Spamgourmet my life has been made even easier.

I would follow John's suggestion, create some new accounts and use spamgourmet for adddress on the web.
N/A

Thanks for the above

Yes, thanks very much for the above. I will check out spamgourmet.

I have found that using the beta mail test is a great help with the spam in my main mailbox, as I can check all the boxes now pretty much with one click and pull out the odd mail that doesn't need deleting before the rest is trashed.

I reckon I was being targetted by someone, but I'm usually paranoid! :?
N/A

Solution..........

I set up some other mailboxes and got my mail to the main default mailbox dumped to a blackhole account via 'contact us'. Extremely useful.

I have now got 3 mailboxes set up, plus one that PNet required. Since I did this about a week ago I have only had about 6 spam emails in total as opposed to thousands.

The people that I want to know my email address know it and all is now well.

As to the mail contact from my websites, I have removed just about every email link I can find and will be replacing them with a javascript form that's on one page - which doesn't display the email address that is being sent to, especially when you disable the menus and save options for the page when it comes up. And of course the bots and robots will be stuffed, too.

Thanks to everyone who's helped with this.

:lol: