cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sound files

N/A

sound files

Anybody know how to attach sound files to pages so that they play within the page when clicked and don't open up a separate player? I want people with literacy problems to be able to click on an image and hear the piece of text it refers to. Oh, and how do I keep these small enough for dial-up visitors? Not much to ask of you really! :idea:
Thanks
JJ
9 REPLIES
N/A

sound files

you will want to you use Ogg files for the sound as they are small, however i cant help on the first bit
N/A

sound files

Er - Ogg files?Huh
N/A

sound files

high quality to small file size Smiley
N/A

sound files

Found the site, thanks for the tip. Now for the rest of the problem! Cheesy
Community Veteran

sound files

Insert the line below into your index file ( or the page you want it to run in )changing the file name to suit the one you want to use.

<BGSOUND SRC="helloo.wav">
N/A

sound files

Thank you! Presumably I can link that to an onclick behaviour in place of the one Dreamweaver offers. I'll give it a good run for its money anyway!
Community Veteran

sound files

If you just insert that code into the file then it will play the sound as soon as the page is accessed.
There may be a short delay depending on the size of the sound file you are using.
For music I always use midi files (xxxxx.mid) as they are nice and short so load quickly.

Plenty of midi music available here
N/A

sound files

Ok - that could be handy for some pages but I want to give people with literacy problems access to a sound file for various paragraphs on a page - they choose and click. I can do this at the moment using DW behaviours but these seem only to use wav files which can be a rather large. I found .ogg files and a way to convert them (and they're smaller than mp3s in many cases) but attaching them to a click function is so far defeating me. Anyway, we're a little closer than earlier on today so many thanks.
N/A

sound files

Midi cant take voice, and ogg rule Cheesy