cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

something wrong with outgoing OE messages

albert
Grafter

OE 6 was working fine until yesterday when I accidentally deleted my account details. When I typed them in again (correctly, as far as I can tell), I had no problems downloading mail but I cannot send any. I get the following message:

:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'kenneth.noble@xxxxx'. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relaying mail to xxxxxx is not allowed', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this mean anything to anyone? As far as I can tell, I've not set any security settings.
When I try sending emails to myself I get this message

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test', Account: 'PlusNet', Server: 'relay.plus.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B

Can anyone help, please?
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The first error implies that NTL don't like you send mail through their mail server when you aren't connected to them. Try changing the outgoing mail server to relay.plus.net

The second message looks like the outgoing email address is set incorrectly. If you are using a Plusnet address please ensure it ends plus.com and not plus.net
albert
Grafter

The second message looks like the outgoing email address is set incorrectly. If you are using a Plusnet address please ensure it ends plus.com and not plus.net

Whoops, how silly of me. I had my address as plus.net Shockedops:
Unfortunately, correcting this hasn't solved the problem.
Where is has 'outgoing email server' I've put "relay.plus.net" That is correct isn't it?
N/A

Yes
albert
Grafter

Whoops, how silly of me. I had my address as plus.net Shockedops:
Unfortunately, correcting this hasn't solved the problem.
Where is has 'outgoing email server' I've put "relay.plus.net" That is correct isn't it?

Well, I solved the problem by restoring my registry settings from a couple of days ago. It looks as if deleting a profile somehow changes the registry and then when you try and restore that profile, there's something that doesn't work.
Thanks for everyone's help.