cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

site vanished from google

zpeterk
Grafter

My partners site was doing really well on google even though it was a xxxxxx.plus.com, ie coming up in the top 5 on the first page, It now cannot be found.

I had an email from a refer of mine tonight who says their site has gone as well.

Neither has been altered in the last few weeks.

My own site that is out of date and of no use has inproved(broadband4ipplepen.co.uk)

Does anyone know why these changes have happened?
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Well, Google uses many methods to decide where to put a site in its search results... one of which is by looking at how many other sites link to your site. So maybe a link that once existed from one site to your parter's has been removed?

Thomas
N/A

And also many sites pay to be promoted.
zpeterk
Grafter

When she searched for her site all the sites that came up before her, she submitted to (like seeksouthwest.co.uk and devon-information.co.uk etc) and they are still up there and give a link to hers but the actual xxxx.plus.com cannot be found. Is thsi because google has changed how it works?
N/A

Mine's gone too (.co.uk domain), although its top on Yahoo. The disappearance coincided with the PlusNet server problems at the beginning of the year so I assumed it was that, but I had also changed the site.

I've heard it can take up to 6 months to recover a Google rating after loss from poor server reliability so I'm hoping it's just a matter of time.
N/A

for a fail safe method of finding if you are listed, google:

allinurl:darlo.plus.com

replacinjg that with your url, just to make life easier
zpeterk
Grafter

There are back

Has google changed again? The sites that have been lost for a month have reappeared! anyone one know why?
N/A

Google continiously refine there ranking index and engine.

One day you can be top, the next non-existant.
wadeford
Dabbler

Google did have this bug recently that allowed anyone to remove websites....perhaps now its fixed, they have replaced all the removed urls....

-Chris