cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search engines

N/A

search engines

Hi, Can anyone advise on the best way to get your website noticed by all of the search engines !
5 REPLIES
megadyptes
Dabbler

search engines

Try Googling for : free search engine submission
Community Veteran

search engines

One of the best ways I have found is to get plenty of links to your site from other sites if this is possible.
It gets picked up quite quickly if you can do that. Smiley
N/A

search engines

@johnessex Thanks for the reply ! I am fairly new to this and don't really know how to achieve your suggestion. Do you mean joining something like affiliate programs otherwise I would imagine companies may not be interested in my site to add links from there's !
Community Veteran

search engines

Sorry but you have not given a hint as to what your site is. ie is it just your own personal site or is it something for a club etc. This is why I said if possible in my reply

I am refering to something like the one I do for the Heywood Model Railway Group www.hmrg.co.uk where I have put links to major model suppliers and magazines etc.
In turn they have linked back to my site.
It is now pretty high on the list of many of the main search engines.

If its your own personal site then look at the foot of the search engine pages and usualy you will find a link to add a url where you can add your site.

It can take an awfully long time though before it appears in their listings.
N/A

search engines

Thanks for the reply, it is a business site selling downloadable software etc ! I have a programme called hello engines which optimizes descriptions etc and then submits the site to the search engines but other people have mentioned about links from other sites aswell !

Steve