cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roms for snes and other old consoles

N/A

Hi guys were can i find any good Emulators and roms for any of the old consoles ie snes mega drive.

Thanks Cool
6 REPLIES
N/A

As far as I know, roms are considered illegal, as you are not paying any money for the games, even if they are not in their original format.

What you could do (and I just did) is look on eBay for the console. They're very cheap, I got my megadrive for £9.99 with two controllers and 10 games.
N/A

i even brought myself a mega-CD as i could never afford one when they first came out Smiley

games costs pounds each as well

Darren
Community Veteran

I wish consoles and games where that cheap when they first came out, it would have been fantastic.

Do you find it easy enough to get old megadrive / other games i.e. specific ones that you want.

Chris
N/A

The one I bought came with the games I wanted, so I guess I was lucky. But looking around eBay I found all of the classics for about £3 Smiley

I also have a good local games store (games-station) who sell old old games for low prices.
Community Veteran

The only problems with using consoles is the inability to save games, something which makes emulators good, although they can be buggy at times.

With regards to the legalities of EMUs and ROMs, they are legal to use ROMs if you own the game on the equivilent platform. For instance if you have a megadrive with Sonic 1, then you can run the ROM, but you couldn't run the master system version.

And as Eurotrain has stated the discussion regarding websites / peer2peer / whatever where ROMs are available is best left of these forums.

Chris
N/A

Yeah ture but it makes sense to have roms no extra wires dont need to keep swaping games about. But most of them dont work and are illegal if u dont have the real games

Thanks peeps