cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remonte connection

N/A

remonte connection

[edited original post]

CAn you help with this , if you understand it.
--------------------------------
ADDRESS ONE:

1 ADSL CONNECTION WITH STATIC IP
NETGEAR 834G ROUTER WITH NAT TRANSLATION ENABLED
PC[1] IP AS 192.168.0.2, ROUTER INTERNAL IP 192.168.0.1,ROUTER EXTERNAL xxx.xxx.[static ip]

ADDRESS TWO:

1 ADSL CONNECTION WITH STATIC IP
PC[2] IP xxx.xxx[static ip]

--------------------------------

pc[2] needs to connect to pc[1]
pc [1] is using file share program Emule which has web interface, which allows remote connection via
web explorer Http:// ip:port.

When i type in ip of address 1 in my browser with appropiate port number i get dns error page not displayed.All ports, firewall rules have been set. How can i see pc 1 over the internet what ip should i use.Should i disable nat translation on router, will this affect my security at address 1?
3 REPLIES
N/A

remonte connection

Hey there,

From what I can gather from your diagram is that you have 2 pc's in 2 different locations. One running the web interface and the other the web client (ie or whatever), both sides have an internet connection.

To connect to pc1 (using 192.168.0.2) you can't use the ip 192.168.02. This is a non routable reserved IP address.

To get it to work you need to have either port forwarding enabled on your router, or have another static IP address (assigned by yuor ISP) and create a static NAT rule to point from the external IP to the internal one.

spark88
N/A

remonte connection

How do i enable port forwarding, is that the same as making a rule to allow incoming/outgoing connections to the port i want to use.

I am using the netgear 834g router.

I will look it up on the net anyhow.
N/A

remonte connection

Hi,

It works by forwarding connections destined for a certain port on your ADSL router to an internal host.

I'm not familiar with the netgear setup, but it should be on thier web site.

Spark88