cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recommendations on alternative isp?

N/A

enough is enough and i have decided to move. the support at plusnet is no longer bearable - i am fed up of wating on the telephone for over 1 hour each time or several days for a ticket to be answered.

i would be grateful for any recommendations on other isp's. my main priority is good solid support - thanks
6 REPLIES
N/A

You're two main options that would sping to mind would be Zen or Nildram. Mind you I expect this thread to be deleted because I can't see PlusNet putting up with anyone here recommending other ISPs. [shrugs]
Alecto
Grafter

Of course Pn put up with it.
It's just that it should be in the Everything Internet Forum as it's not really considered to be supporting the Pn community. Tongue
N/A

I am out on the 6th of July to IDnet I don't know what it will be like, but the forums suggest it is they way plusnet used to be in the good old days of a year ago, they seem to be gaining a lot of ex plusnet customers. Its no frills but more business orinated, so I don't expect it to take five weeks to solve an issue with email as did here.
Regards
Doug
N/A

But to be fair, for any ISP, mail server problems can be a major headache - I've seen problems for PN, Claranet, Demon and others, lasting weeks in some cases

Incoming mail at Demon was failing literally for 4-5 weeks a few years ago - I was helping a small firm and that was when they needed to be sure if it was a Demon problem or with their hosting. All too often firms do "finger pointing" if there are problems.

Anyway, bottom line is that relying on any ISP's mail is likely to have difficulties - at least if you have your own domain you can switch hosting and mail from one place to another in under 24 hours, so if e-mail is of importance (whether for a business or just an Ebay auction!) it's probably better not to have a mail address "tied" to an ISP. My two penneth, anyway!
N/A

goodvalueisp
Good point and accepted. What pushed me was the fact that it is considered an add on and the plusnet view was tough, we will fix it when we can, its not core, so not high on the agenda and it was considered that 3 days was an acceptable period for emails to take. There will be problems I accept that, but not once did plusnet applogies on my threads, that told me all I needed to know. I can't see IDnet with its predominantly business community putting up with that sort of statement. I may be proved wrong but with one month contracts these days I can't see how I can be worse off.
Regards and good luck to all who remain the 4th of July will be interesting.
Doug
N/A

Guys,

Whilst I fully appreciate the situation and feeling I cannot allow this thread to carry on in this forum. I will move it to another forum though namely "Everything Internet".

Once there it can run its course.

Regards,