cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"British" voice mail prompts?

N/A

Is it possible to remove, rerecord or customise the prompt played after our recorded voicemail greeting?

If not, can the prerecorded voice be swapped to a British accent or at the very least be altered to a version that mentions 'hash key' rather than 'pound key'. Most UK callers will have no idea that 'pound' is the Americanism for 'hash', a case in point is that 2 out of 3 people I asked to call my PlusTalk number to try it out asked me "what's the pound key?"

Cheers,

Andrew
7 REPLIES
N/A

Valid point Andrew. I too would find it useful to be able to customise the voicemail greeting.

Maybe somthing for future development.

Welcome to the forums by the way. Smiley
LiamM
Grafter

You can already do this. Dial the voicemail retrieval number (7001) enter your PIN and choose option '0' (methinks it's 0) for mailbox options.

You can then record a different Unavailable and Busy greeting.
N/A

Excellent Liam.

Will have to play with that later.
JonathanW
Grafter

The above is an option, and there are plans to change the default message over to an English version in the future. Though there's no set date for this right now.
N/A

I have recorded the busy, unavailable and name greetings.

My point is that a message is played after my recorded "unavailable" greeting which says (in an American accent) "please leave your message after the tone, when done hang up or press the pound key". I would like to remove this extra message or swap it for another one that does not to mention pound key.

Andrew
N/A

The above is an option, and there are plans to change the default message over to an English version in the future. Though there's no set date for this right now.

Thanks Jon,

I think we were typing our replies at the same time. I look forward to a new English version.

Andrew
LiamM
Grafter

That's bloomin annoyin. Hadn't noticed that. Wouldn't be hard work to get a CS rep with a nice voice to record it. They have for number not available, or not enough credit.