cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Be There" really fast Broadband

N/A

Hi
At my exchange the "Be There" 27mbps service is coming in April 07 at £25pm unlimited, 27meg down, 1.3meg up. Given the problems with the Plusnet service recently and the bad support I am considering moving.

I'm especially after the 1.3mbps upload speed offered by "Be THere". I wonder if Plus Net will offer a higher upload speed option - I'd certainly pay more.

I am wondering if anyone has had experience of "Be There" support. The "stack it high sell it cheap" model is OK until something goes wrong - when decent Support is required. And of course something always goes wrong eventually.

PT
20 REPLIES
N/A

Moved to a more apt board for this type of discussion.

Also, perhaps the discussion boards at www.thinkbroadband.co.uk may be a better place for feedback from Be* users.
N/A

To where have you moved it?
N/A

The question is also there regarding possibility of PN offering higher speeds..

So please move it back to original position!!!
shellsong
Grafter

It's "up to 24 Mbps" (depending on length and quality of line) and £24 rather than £25.

I registered with them back in September 2005 and have been waiting since then for my exchange to be enabled (hopefully not much longer!)

Recently I have have been spending about as much time on their forums as on the PlusNet ones helping folk improve their connections where I can and I can tell you that there seems to be little but praise for the customer support since it was moved from India to Sophia in Bulgaria (apparently it was appalling when it was in India). They have a ticketing system which apparently works very well and they also have a Freephone number which is answered promptly by knowledgeable english speaking bulgarians

The forums are lively and there are two or three english staff along with two or three bulgarians with good english who monitor and often respond to queries. Brett Coles, the head of customer support is one of those who is often on the forum and he seems to pay attention to suggestions and where possible will get them implemented
The_10th
Grafter

Looks impressive /shellsong. Who do BT often use for customer support - not Indian call centres? :lol: And who took PN over recently... Wink

Sounds like PN used to be in Force9 days when they were a smaller affair taking more interest in the customer in those good 'ol days.

Isn't this breaking forum rules mods? I mean talking about offerings of other ISPs? :shock:
shellsong
Grafter

I think that's why it was moved here from the main forum-- anyway we're only making comparisons aren't we? Wink
N/A

Look at the small print and it will state the cost will increase after the first year with notice to the customer and you have to give 90 days notice to cancel or change your BB to another ISP :shock:
shellsong
Grafter

Look at the small print and it will state the cost will increase after the first year with notice to the customer

Where does it say that?
Will Be’s prices change in the near future?

There are currently no plans to change our prices. That doesn’t mean that they may not change in future, particularly if there are supply cost or market changes. If this happens, we will inform all of our members in advance of any changes.

There is a 3 month notice period and the Lite package has a 12 month initial contract but it's all pretty clearly stated so you should be aware of it when signing up

Because of the inducement package around when I registered I will be paying £4 less when I'm connected and I'm immune from any possible (but unlikely) price increases
The_10th
Grafter

There is a 3 month notice period and the Lite package has a 12 month initial contract but it's all pretty clearly stated so you should be aware of it when signing up

Because of the inducement package around when I registered I will be paying £4 less when I'm connected and I'm immune from any possible (but unlikely) price increases

What inducement was involved and when did it start/stop? Just interested coz my exchange isn't BE enabled yet? Cry
shellsong
Grafter

It was the original package back in September 2005 and I've been waiting for my exchange to be enabled ever since! :roll:

I don't think they've got any special deals on at the moment and they even stopped their referral scheme a few months back unfortunately although I might be able to get a free month out of an original referral if we both get connected when the exchange is enabled
N/A

My exchange is Be* enabled (sorry Gerry Wink - looks like yours is gonna be the last one they do...)

What should I do with my domain? Is it easy to transfer out?
I'll also need hosting (not much capacity/bandwidth - just find it handy for odd things)
shellsong
Grafter

The easy option a lot of people seem to use is a 1&1 account although my son moved from them to Rackspace. We've never really used the PlusNet facilities except as temporary storage space and on the whole I prefer to keep any ISP I use seperate from anything except maintaining a connection
avalon
Grafter

I use 1&1 for my domain registration and fuzioned for my hosting. Fuzioned support is good and their forums full of helpful people. There are quite a few plusnet customers (or ex customers) using their services.
The_10th
Grafter

The easy option a lot of people seem to use is a 1&1 account although my son moved from them to Rackspace.

Rackspace costs a fortune! :shock: