cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems accessing www.xbox.com ?

N/A

Hello, no matter what I do, turning off and disavbling all protections, firewalls, anti spyware etc I cannot access xbox.com from my home connection.

I cannot ping it, I can do a tracert that gets to seattle, but cannot reach xbox.com.

This is anot a one off, it has been for ages & ages.

Sometimes in the past I would be able to connect yet would shortly lose access to the server?

I have tried this on 3 pc's connected via my Belkin router/modem on the PN connection. XP/98SE/Linux.

Any suggestions?
Anyone know if there is a port needed opening for xbox.com?

Thank you.
6 REPLIES
N/A

I can get on it with no problems but it is slow. What error message do you get if any?
Idealy you need to try with a modem and see if you can connect with that. If you can it rules out your windows firewall and IE faults and suggests the problem is with the router.

Do you have problems with other sites? The only thing that springs to mind is the MTU setting on your router which may be the problem
N/A

Hello again, I have a Belkin modem/router.
My MTU is 1400, I have turned off all firewalls, reset all settings to "come hack me", deleted all my caches and still do not get to see the site.

No error messages, just says connecting to www.xbox.com at the bottom of the page then goes to MSN error page because it cannot be found.

I have tried all derivations of xbox.com I can find.

Zilch.

Will try reset modem/router later.

Thanks.

Zoom.
Community Veteran

Try increasing your MTU.

Have you tried using a web proxy to access it? To rule out an IP/IP range ban from the site server.

BTW when I click on the link for www.xbox.com in your post, it redirects to this :-
http://www.xbox.com:80/en-US/
Can you access from this link? If so I guess DNS settings.
N/A

Power cycling the modem seems to now let me back on.

HOw long for I don't know :-)

EDIT a few seconds later.

Not for long.......
trying to access http://forums.xbox.com/4000998/ShowPost.aspx
I get
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
Community Veteran

:roll: Erm. Does that mean you tried any of the suggestions?
N/A

Sorry, no I have not tried using a web proxy, why should I need to use anything other than my PN setup?

Yes that link does work.
For some reason I now have some access, but expect it to fail in a few secs.. :-)
edit: yep - a few secs it was. :-(
ps have not tried increasing MTU.
any suggestions on what to increase it to?