cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ports blocked?

N/A

ports blocked?

Hi all, my webcam broadcasting via Paltalk no longer broadcasts. Paltalk uses ports 2090 and 2091 ( tcp and udt ) for video broadcasting. The ports appear to be blocked and a trace using Shields Up confirm that the ports are blocked. I have contaced PN and asked if they had these blocked and was told no. How or why are they blocked. No firewall issues are causing this. Any ideas?
Cheers
3 REPLIES
N/A

ports blocked?

You haven't installed any updates recently have you?
Either AV related or just Windows updates?
N/A

ports blocked?

thanks for a quick reply sallandjames.

OS is xp home sp2. firewall disabled. no 3rd party firewalls installed. AV is avg free edition, updated. Windows updates are current and installed. Webcam operates and broadcasts with every other application and 3rd party video chat proggies. Problem specific to Paltalk. Worked ok with Paltalk until around a month ago. I'm baffled by the problem as all things point to a blocked port issue and I can find no evidence as to why. Have tried manually opening the specific ports and a trace still shows them as blocked.
Cheers
N/A

ports blocked?

OS is xp home sp2. firewall disabled. no 3rd party firewalls installed

Firstly I suggest you get a firewall quick, .e.g Zonealarm or something. Secondly are you running behind a router?