cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pop3 email by WAP

N/A

pop3 email by WAP

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a service where I can check my PlusNet email on my WAP phone?

Cheers,
Tim.
6 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

pop3 email by WAP

N/A

pop3 email by WAP

Thanks for the link.

I'm trying to set it up, but when I go and check my email via WAP I get a "The entered address is invalid..." message. The address I'm using is alntim+mailbox@mail.plus.net.

The service works fine online with these settings but not on WAP.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Tim
Community Veteran

pop3 email by WAP

I don't have a wap phone so some Qs...

Are there any other details you have entered. As a min you need to enter:

What mail server to login to - mail.plus.net
login name - Huh
Password for the mailbox.

If you can't then I don't see how you can view your email.
N/A

pop3 email by WAP

Hi Peter,

All the relevent details you mention are entered on the mail2web site upon registration.

Like I say, this approach works fine on the web so the settings must be correct. It's just via WAP that I get the error message Cry

I really would like to be able to check my plusnet email on my phone as I'm waiting for a job interview to come though and we're not allowed to surf the net at work! That's Manufacturing for you, and I'm a Supervisor!!!! Evil

The thought of waiting untill the end of the day is too much to bear!!!!!

Cheers,
Tim.
Community Veteran

pop3 email by WAP

The service may be rejecting the + character as it's normally invalid in an email address. I guess PlusNet may be unusual in using a + to separate your login name and the mailbox you want.

Have you tried just your username to see if it does login. That would probably prove it's the + the wap email system does not like.
N/A

pop3 email by WAP

Hello,

Thanks for all your help. I've managed to sort it Cheesy

One quick call to my network provider (orange) and 2 sim updates later my T610 is now configured to check and receive my email from PlusNet so I'm a happy boy now!

Cheers,
Tim.