Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pop up connection box?

stewarta13wsb
Grafter

pop up connection box?

Well AOHell is a thing of the past and I'm on PlusNet now Cheesy

The changeover was a little tricky (but only because I'm not too good with computers Shockedops: ) but I eventually got there - although I may not have set everything up just right.

When I sign on everything seems OK (althought the number of dots in my password box bear no resemblance to my actual password? But it takes it as is or if I delete it and type in the right one - works both ways?

BUT, after I move on from my Plusnet home page I often (but not always) get this box pop up - headed 'Network Connections' it asks me what connection I want to use for the page I've just selected to load. PlusNet is the only option and I can click 'don't ask me again until the next time I log on' and there is a settings button, connect and cancel.

I just click cancel and don't ask again, but why does it come up when I am already connected?

I was going to attach a snap of the window but I can't see how!
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

pop up connection box?

Are you on ADSL or normal dialup?

What equipment are you using to connect to the internet and is this the same or different to what you used when on AOL?
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

pop up connection box?

Sorry, forgot about all the essential stuff you'd need to know Shockedops:

However, a weird development..... this morning when I signed on to check for replies, my connection set up had gone :?: I couldn't connect at all and all the plusnet things I set up were nowhere to be found.

I called the helpline & was told to switch everything off for 20 mins, disconnect the modem (BT Voyager 105) and the phone line, which I did.

When I switched back on, everything was back, the sign on box doesn't come up at all now, and the extra window I was talking about hasn't come back either (yet)

It's completely lost me - but that's not hard Cheesy

If it comes back or I lose everything again I'll be back and bump this back to the top... unless anyone has any thoughts they'd like to share..... spooky!