cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plustalk phone calls not working

N/A

Hi

Can someone from plustalk fix my plustalk issue I cannot make any calls using my voip phone. I would like to use my free minutes before they get reset please can this be fixed.

Sad

thanks

Cecil.
9 REPLIES
davebrown
Grafter

Think we should rename it to MinusTalk, shocking service.
A MAC code will fix it.

Sorry to be so negative but I am fed up with this lot.
Best of luck
Dave
davebrown
Grafter

Try it now, nobody more surprised than me!
Dave
N/A

thanks it's working again - did they fix something?Huh
Community Veteran

It's not working for me...

Tonight I tried to use my bradband phone 120 mins account. Despite using no free minutes my account status lists only 62 free mins remaining and when I try to make out going calls I am told there is no credit on my account.

I used the option in my accounts to activate the service, prior to the problems arising.

I have previously used the service a few months ago but thought that I may have had to re-activate it as I have change account since then to payg.

many thanks

A.McClean...
N/A

Only 62 minutes? Did you reactivate your PlusTalk about halfway through your broadband billing period? If so, that may account for why you've only got 62 minutes at the moment.

Wrt being told your account has no credit, it's only the more expensive of the 2 PAYG broadband packages that has free minutes and even then those minutes are only for evening and weekend calls to 01 and 02 numbers. That said, IIRC someone did post in this forum a while ago that they were denied the free minutes they were entitled to due to 'insufficient credit' and that after raising a ticket, Plusnet fixed it.

RL
Community Veteran

I did re-active as that was the optin I was presented with in my account settings.

If I'm not meant to re-activate then why was the option there, most of pn other settings only appear if they are relevant to the staus of each particular account hence I clicked through to reactivate.

I had presumed that I needed to do this as my package had changed. The re-activate did not obviusly pick up the fact my account was already active. Instead it has let me reactivae and as you say reduce my call quota as I did it half way through the month.

Hopefully someone at PN can help.

The free mins are part of my payg account so the credit should work. I have a ticket raised but still awaiting a response.

A
Community Veteran

Still awaiting any contact from PN.

The response time is supposeldy 12hrs for tickets. Ticket posted 8:30 on Friday night.

:-(

A
davebrown
Grafter

amcclean
did PN answer your ticket?

Regards
Dave
Community Veteran

Here's my ticket

On Friday night I tried to use my bradband phone 120 mins account.

Despite using no free minutes my account status now lists only 62 free mins remaining and when I try to make out going calls I am told there is no credit on my account.

I used the option in my accounts to activate the service, prior to the problems arising.

I have previously used the service a few months ago but thought that I may have had to re-activate it as I have change account since then to payg.

I posted a ticket on Friday night but as yet have not recieved any reply.

TICKET NO ID: 20100243

It appears that in activating my account I inadvertantly started the free minute quota on a pro rata basis for the remainder of the month, and thus eliminated the other 58 minutes to which I'm entitled until my next billing cycle.

With other PN settings they only appear if relevant to a particular account. Such as the buy more band width option.

On seesing the activate account I presumed that after changing my package I needed to activate it after my recent package change and therefore did so. It appears that the reduction in minutes and the resetting and of the new pro rata entitlement was the overall result.

Could you please reactivate the correct number of minutes on my account so that I may use the service once more. Also could you please check to see why even the current free credited minutes are not reconised by the plustalk system.

many thanks

A

Here's the reply which dosn't really answer my question

***********CSC Agent 2:16pm, Thursday 24th August 2006
Dear Mr McClean,
As the service was only activated mid month then you will opnly get the pro rata entitlement of minutes as thie will be reset to the full entitlement at the end of the month.

The free minutes are not displayed and you will be able to make free calls now. You will find that once the free minutes are used up that you will not be able to make any more calls unless you top up with credit.

Regards,

My response, as The reply failed to answer my main queary

As per my last ticket posting my account does come with 120 minutes and 120 mins were listed against my account until I re-activated the account as I believed was required after my account change.

The issue of the mins not working has now been resloved and the minutes now work but as your system will show the accidental re-activation of the account last Friday has meant that my minute entitlement was cut.

I would be grateful if someone could re-instate the monthly total to the full 120 mins I had on my account before I re-activated.

The account was activated before this date as your system should show and before last friday there were 120 mins free credit listed, I accidentaly re-activated via button on the plusnet web site.

I do understand that once free minutes are used I will need to pay to use the service. My request is for the re-instatement of the full quota of free mintes to the 120 mins on the account before the accidental re-activation.

Many thanks

A

PN Reply

********* Training/Comms 11:17am, Friday 25th August 2006
Dear Mr McClean,
Unfortunately we are unable to add additional minutes manually.

Your minutes will reset on 03/09/06, however if you require the remaining minutes before then you would need to pay for these initially and we would then refund you.

Regards,

My response

Your comment 12:12pm, Friday 25th August 2006
Thankyou for your quick response.

I have to advise you that I'm not entirely impressed by the fact that the change cannot be made, when my account was initally changed I believe the minutes were changed mannualy. These are minutes which are included as part of my package price and I do not accept happily that by following the automated prompt I can loose entitlemnt and not PN not be able to reimburse the missing minutes.

My account was previous activated and the Pn system asked me to reactivate. It is as a result of following the automated system that my minutes ended up being cut from 120mins to 62mins in one click of a button.

Could you please pass on my comment to the development team to ensure that no one else with an already activated plustalk account can have their minutes wiped just by following the automated prompts.

Can the system not be changed to recognise an account which is active and therefore prevent a reactivation and subsequent cutting of entitlement.

Could you please also advise on the cost of leaving PN to another dsl supplier.

Many thanks

A

PN response again not answer the complete queary

********CSC Agent 8:05pm, Sunday 27th August 2006

Dear Mr McClean,
Before we can cancel your account, payment for the deferred cost of activation would need to be made. This amount is for £47.00 and would need to be paid using a credit card registered on your account, so please ensure that your payment details are upto date. If you would like to proceed with this request, then please respond to this question to authorise the payment.

Is it any wonder people are looking to move. To provide an option which re-initiates users call minutes when it's dosn't need to be done and then to say, we can't change that, plus to fail to answer most of the points in a queary I really am starting to loose faith. I looked at moving months ago but had some faith and waitied to see the wonders that pn promised.

Also I aksed how much it would be for me to leave I have been with PN for over a year so should it not be less than £47 pounds. Again a case of not really reading the question :-) I asked how much for me to leave hoping I would get a exact figure not the general figure from which I'm meant to start subtracting rebates from.

I'm really starting to wish I had just moved.

A