cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plustalk not working again

N/A

Hi

I am unable to make plustalk calls again and keep getting the message saying "I am sorry we are unable to connect your call at the moment please try again later..."

Please can this be fixed.

Thanks

Cecil. Sad
34 REPLIES
N/A

Yes, it's been like this since last night (at least).

What a shambles.
rogerwilson
Dabbler

Absolutely pathetic!
I'm very unhappy with the VOIP service. It is too unreliable to be of any use if this continues.

Rog.
Community Veteran

I can also confirm that Plustalk is not working at the moment Sad
There are no service messages though even though the voice message suggests to look for them Evil
medea
Grafter

VoIP phone has been out for more than 24 hours. Status report continues to indicate no problem. No response to question(20195149)that was posted nearly 24 hours ago. Phone support? - enough said. Sadly this seems to be almost normal for Plusnet!
N/A

I've had a response to my question (2019819Cool that was posted ~11.30 and they are on the case.

The Service Status pages indicate that service should be resumed late this evening (and a further update tommorrow(!) afternoon).
rogerwilson
Dabbler

At least they've recognised the problem and should get it up and running again. The real test is how often the service fails. Let's wait and see ....
maccoylton
Grafter

Poor response to outage and level of service

I first noticed this problem early afternoon Friday, and logged at ticket at 3:16 on Friday. It then took till 14:44 on Saturday for PlusNet to send out a service status to say there were problems.

So there are three issues:-

1) Reliability of the service - certainly much lower than a standard landline

2) Time to react to problem - for me it was out for more than 24 hours before the incident shows on the infoboad

3) Time to fix - it now been out for 48 hours and counting

On all three for this incindet I would score PlusNet low. BTW my ticket has not had any updates on it.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 65

1) Reliability of the service - certainly much lower than a standard landline

This is something we have identified and in my personal opinion is that this is likely to be down to a lack of understanding across the CSC. VOIP issues have always been dealt with by subject matter experts as opposed to the CSC as a whole. We have identified this as an issue and will be working to resolve it.

2) Time to react to problem - for me it was out for more than 24 hours before the incident shows on the infoboad

This is probably my fault to be honest. Up until recently I was primarily responsible for dealing with a lot of VOIP customer contacts. Due to a recent role change the speed in which these tickets is turned around has increased (this will be fixed). I will clear the current backlog and get this sorted when I get back to the office tommorrow. I posted the Service Status as soon as I was aware of the issue.

3) Time to fix - it now been out for 48 hours and counting

As soon as I was aware I contacted our oncall engineer (which is when the service status went out). The problem was with a couple of our asterisk servers in London that I believe are maintained in conjunction with Opal. Opal were uncontactable so we had to get an engineer down to London to rebuild the servers.

All should be fixed now and I have raised the question internally as to why monioring did not pick this up.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

maccoylton
Grafter

Thanks for the update Bob. Sound like on you are on top of things.

Also good to hear you highlght some areas where you belive PlusNet can do better, looks forward to seeing this service imporve as you address these.

Regards

Dave
N/A

Bob,

Thanks for at least replying but shouldn't youself/Plusnet realise that there is major problem (servers down or whatever) without relying on customers tickets?
medea
Grafter

Thank you Bob for the explanation.

I was pleased to close my ticket when I became aware that the service was up and running again and checked the Service Status for an update.

I am sure that you appreciate that early identification in Service Status of a network problem avoids time being spent fruitlessly looking for the cause of the problem in my setup!
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 65

Indeed I do. Thus me asking some internal questions as to why this wasn't picked up Wink

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Thanks yes mine is working now but it did take a day or two before plusnet fixed whatever the issue was.

Smiley
N/A

I started to use plustalk - but gave up after a few weeks when I decided that it was too unreliable.