cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

photo's for the web site

N/A

photo's for the web site

CSKP please advice me on how to use Corel Phot Paint 8 to alter my photo's and save them small enough in file size for insertion on my web site. A friend told me I have to convet and resample them, but I have tried all ways with little success. The image files are too large and the pages take too long to load up, any help with this programe would be much appreciated.
Dave Cry

[Moderator's note (by acarr): Duplicate post removed. Duplication can make a thread hard to follow. All users have access to this thread and it make no sense to create two.]
2 REPLIES
espresso_mick
Grafter

photo's for the web site

If it's just the file size that is too large, you can reduce this when you are saving the picture. If you open you picture then select 'Save As' , ensure the JPG file type is selected, choose a file name and click on 'Save'. A box will open with a slider with which you can choose the quality of the picture. The lower the quality, the smaller the file size will be. When saving your picture, I would choose a different file name to the original, as if you choose to save with too low a quality, it can make the picture look rubbish depending on the original resolution.

If its the size of the actual picture that needs reducing......open your picture then click on 'Image' then resample and then adjust the percentage of the width and height, then click OK.

Hope this helps.
N/A

photo's for the web site

I think what you are after is a tool that will create thumbnails rathat than reducing the size of your pictures. I use imagemagik .... but there are loads out there .... search on google for "thumbnail creation software" or something similar to that.

Spark88