cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outlook problems

N/A

outlook problems

Trying to setup my email using outlook. Trouble is I keep getting "send test email message: Unable to send test message. Please verift email address field."

This field is def right and so are all the others, if I change any of them I get a different error. I wondered if because I'm not currently connected through plus yet is there some kind of bar?
6 REPLIES
N/A

outlook problems

The tricky bit I found was that the user name is
plusnetusername+yourwebmailaccountname,
ie mine is
bluebellhouse+myname
and the password is your webmail password, not the username password.
Also do NOT check the "log on using secure authentication password."

On my settings in internet e-mail settings->general:->mail account=mail.plus.net
outgoing server do not check my outgoing server requires STMP authentication.

hope this helps
N/A

outlook problems

Thanks for your advice. Trouble is I have done all that. I still wonder if it's because I'm not connected using PLUSNET broadband. Halfway through a change over from tesco internet.
Wheelie
Grafter

outlook problems

That is the problem, most ISP if not all ISP's require you to be on there network to send email but there is noting to stop you logging into the web mail on the portal Wink
N/A

outlook problems

That's what I thought. Been using webmail so far anyway. Just that have to other people in the house who aren't that great on pc's, was hoping to have the outlook sorted so they wouldn't have to learn anything. Oh well guess the training will have to begin. Cheers!
Wheelie
Grafter

outlook problems

NP Smiley

I really love traning Not!
shermans
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

outlook problems

Sending mail using a third party connection should not be a problem. You just set the SMTP server to the tesco.net SMTP server instead of relay.plus.net. Leave the pop3 server as mail.plus.net. I do it all the time whenever I am abroad and have to use a foreign isp while I am away. There is never any problem.