cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outgoing calls problems

N/A

outgoing calls problems

well, I was generally happy with this service but since I use it only occasionally, and to make international calls (I know the tariff isnt the cheapest) I regularly have to top up with my credit card since Int. numbers aren't included in the free minutes.

Well all was working fine, with my speedtouch 716WL with standard handset plugged into one of the VOIP ports.

I ran out of credit a few days ago, and when I topped up, and tried to make a call, I got silence, when previously it would ring straight away.
This seems to be the case even with UK landlines and mobile numbers too.

I still get a dial tone ok, and the router confirms that the correct settings have been provided and the registrar/proxy are registered with sip.plus.net.

In fact nothing at all has been changed on my router settings.

In theory the plustalk is a good service with its URI number and 0845 for incoming calls, but whats the point if it is unreliable.

Anyway after a whole afternoon of reading forum and testing other options still no service, so I tried sipdiscount with the same setup and guess what - That works fine, an the call tariffs are cheaper too.

Plusnet service status tells us that all is fine wity the plustalk VOIP service.

Anyone having similar problems, or can a plusnet customer service advise?
163 REPLIES
N/A

outgoing calls problems

I have a similar plustalk problem. Service was working perfectly for me until about a day or so ago, alhough I have plenty of credit left. I just cant make calls and my plustalk seems to be failing on registration if I look at my linksys pap2 box and I therefore do not get dial tone. I have not changed any of my settings so this issue must be at their end.

I have raised a support ticket for my problem so hopefully someone will fix it.
N/A

outgoing calls problems

I have just raised a ticket also, the number is 20400163.
N/A

outgoing calls problems

I also use a PAP2 box, one line for Plustalk and the another for sipgate. Plustalk sometimes work but more often not, whilst sipgate very rarely give me problems. Is there any users out there who does not experience problems with Plustalk? If not why does Plusnet have the status at green?
N/A

outgoing calls problems

PlusTalk rarely works for me (hasn't since September 10th) whilst other SIP providers work "faultlessly".

And yes, I've got a Linksys PAP2.

If not why does Plusnet have the status at green?

Because, apparently, it doesn't affect enough users to notify people of the problem(s).
medea
Grafter

outgoing calls problems

I have had the same problem for more than 24 hours. I have had no response to my ticket, see quote below, which was raised 18 hours ago. A further check this morning shows no problem recorded on service status. Incidentally, calls to 7000 and 7001 are behaving in the same way; I didn't check this yesterday.

[Problem making outgoing calls to PSTN numbers using analogue phone handset connected to VoIP enabled router routed via broadband. Connection looks fine, VoIP light on. On picking up the phone, correct line indicator comes on, appropriate dialling tone. Dial the number and after a long pause of about 30 seconds an engaged signal is given. The problem has not been helped by rebooting the router......... Service status does not indicate any problem. Is there one?]

The need for information to be given promptly to users whose service is down was acknowledged by Bob Pullen in the earlier thread "plustalk not working again".
N/A

outgoing calls problems

rogerowalters, yep that sounds exactly whats happened here too.

Lets hope we get an explaination from PN.
cardsharp
Dabbler

outgoing calls problems

I raised a ticket (20397810) at 3pm yesterday as I could not make an out-going with the X-Lite client. I'm not a regular user but nothing has changed my end since it last worked.

No response yet.

Paul
N/A

outgoing calls problems

still no response to my ticket but my pap2 shows the registration state now as online but I still cannot make any calls as they do not connect - basically I have also tried this with xlite as well and I get call failed request timed out.

Hope plustalk fix this issue! :shock:

Cecil
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 64

outgoing calls problems

Hi guys,

I was just about to clear all the VOIP tickets we have and noticed this problem. I am going to notify our on call engineer and post a Service Status now.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 64

outgoing calls problems

Should be fixed now.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

cardsharp
Dabbler

outgoing calls problems

Yep, seems fine Smiley
N/A

outgoing calls problems

Me too, well done Bob and fast response.

Can you tell us why this occurred, and why it was not automaically flagged as an issue internally?
medea
Grafter

outgoing calls problems

Pleased to get notification that the problem has been fixed.
Thanks,
Community Veteran

outgoing calls problems

bob, i hope your still monitoring this thread, could you please look at bb phone again.

x-lite can connect to pn but calls cannot be made the error is 408 it worked on Thursday without a problem It's been down since then. In checking the log all connections are being made correctly to pn where it dies trying to make any calls.

cheers,

A