cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

norton internet security 2005

N/A

I am now trying Nod32 trial period for antivirus and sygate's free firewall. I will report back but so far so good. If I like them I will get the paid versions.
21 REPLIES
N/A

anybody been having problems with norton internet security 2005
since installing last week it keeps asking me to register then needs activating again = poss dozen times at least .. rang up norton to get activated -reinstalled then security turns off and needs activation again - damn frustrating.

the 2003 firewall and antivirus was superb never a problem . anybody got any ideas?
N/A

unisntall it, install norton AV 2005 on its own, instally sygate personal firewall pro, may cost u a bit but its the best firewall out there.

Buz
N/A

norton 2005 security

cheers buz= i have unistalled and re installed 2003 norton av and 2003 norton firewall = no problems know

gonna throw internet security in bin = if any further probs will follow your advice

regards
N/A

norton 2005 security

hi buz= ref. 2005 norton security = norton inform me that the problem is that 2005 norton is not compatible with my roxio cd program .

so if you have roxio dont buy norton or vice versa
N/A

thats pritty funny that a CD buring app kills NAV
N/A

norton security

yep = when the norton tech told me i thought load of cobblers but uninstalled roxio and no issues . "SOFAR"
trouble is i now have to purchase a new cd program = thinking of ashampoo
5 - looks cheap and cheerful ..

cheers buzz ps. merry xmas
N/A

Nero is a nice bit of software for burning CDs and DVDs wtih, and merry xmas to you man, hope you have a good one

buz
slanjavah
Grafter

norton internet security

Hi you can download update for roxio from their website that eliminates the conflict

Slanjavah
may the force be with you
comms

Hello

Norton support advised me that Norton Security 2005 simply just does not work with some PC's - support received calls from about 2 users per week.

I had tried uninstall / reinstall etc etc and was told to return disc for refund.

Still awaiting refund...
N/A

I have had several of Nortons Internet Security suits and none of them have been any good. they slow up the PC, often go wrong and sometimes the program just wont load and the icon dissapears and you have to reload it all over again. Why the PC magsa praise it I dont know. go o any forum about antivirus and you will find people with similar experiences.
N/A

The home addition of NAV is full of bloatware, and is cronic. It's well known for slowing PC's down, but some people like it, because it's easy to use, and has a good user interface.

Personally now I've starting using NOD32, I would never go back to NAV. It's very fast, and has good heauristics, so it doesn't just depend on updates.
N/A

yep still having problems with norton = have gone back to firewall2003 and antivirus 2003
very frustrating has with norton security the msi installer keeps popping up with errors .. i believe i have a deep seated virus or
something similar effecting the system but have done at least 3 formats
putting the programs in 1 at a time = looking for compatibilty issues
but so far cannot pinpoint = using omniquad spyware program which finds
elgolf but when it deletes the program i have to reinstall a file on publisher HuhHuh
to use email or net =damned weird to say the least = have tried other spyware ware programs but none find elgolf= norton security does not find anything.
poss connection between the 2 but given up on it and i am going back to watching the telly= far less stressfull...
N/A

Personally now I've starting using NOD32, I would never go back to NAV. It's very fast, and has good heauristics, so it doesn't just depend on updates.

I have Norton IS 2005 installed on all 4 machines in my home network. I don't notice any speed loss, but then maybe I've been using Norton products so long that I'm used to slow speeds?

What firewall are you using with NOD32?
N/A

I'm using Kerio at the moment. I've tried many of the market, but Kerio is pretty good. I also use Process Guard 3, to prevent any trojan's etc, from bypassing the firewall.