cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

norton anti virus

N/A

norton anti virus

I have norton anti virus 2003 and i have found that it cant kill trojans. I had an attack last night and 3 weeks ago with trojans and norton cant kill it. I have to use a trail version of trojan guard 2 remove them. How come this is.

Thanks
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

norton anti virus

I have tried Nortons and mcafee's virus scanners in the past and both had issues of this variety, so one of many reasons I won't ever buy a Norton/mcafee product. Looks good on the shelf in the shop, has plenty PR for it but like you have found fails to do its job.

Time to replace it, I'm currently using AVG7. Others will recommend other packages but strike off Norton anything as a product you buy
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

norton anti virus

adp450 wrote:
but strike off Norton anything as a product you buy

Sorry I cannot agree, I find their Ghost program for comprehensive backup and restore excellent.
N/A

norton anti virus

Thats because it comes from the Symantec line of products.

Norton is very bad at its job, hell, since installing two new machines at Xmas, Norton has been the cause of the 12 callsouts and rising.

When offered it with the new systems, I did give it a sparing shrug and noted past records on it. Needless to say, they where happy they where getting a cheap package that provided an all-in-one security setup.

Not security in my eyes, just a sys admins nightmare
N/A

norton anti virus

My Norton subscription expires in March and from the talk here I am wondering whether I should replace it with ZoneAlarm and AVG7. Advice welcome.
N/A

norton anti virus

I should have added that I already have the necessary PN Antivirus.
Community Veteran

norton anti virus

I think that the PlusNet anti virus only checks e-mails. You can catch them just by visiting sites or by being scanned.
So it is as well to have some form of virus protection on your PC as well and don't just rely on the PlusNet one.

I do have to add that although I have had Norton for some years I am disappointed that my existing version will not run on my latest OS, so I will be lookng hard for alternatives.
N/A

norton anti virus

I use AVG 7 with ZoneAlarm and have found it top notch. I'd recommend it to anyone - especially AVG's email scanner.
N/A

norton anti virus

AVG 6 isn't the best in the world and I am guessing they want to start phasing it out soon in favour of AVG7.

I use a default fully secure hardware firewall (uses expiring temporary reductions in protection, can't forget to re-enable things), and AVG7. I alsi use Panda online scanner once a month.

very much worth it