Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mailboxes not sifting messages properly

mactabby
Grafter

Hi

I have a number of mailboxes set up to sift mail sent to me, my wife, my son etc @mydomain.com, hosted with PN. These work fine on email sent to mydomain.com

However, I also have a domain hosted elsewhere, which redirects all mail for me@otherdomain.com to me@mydomain.com. My mailbox for 'me' does not pick up these emails, and they end up in my generic mailbox.

Any idea why this is and whether I can do something about it?

Cheers
Mac
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I can only think that this has something to do with the redirect itself and that there is something like a miss spelling or a capital letter that makes the name part "me" of the address incorrect.
This would stop it being picked up by the named box and it would finish up in your global mailbox.
mactabby
Grafter

Thanks, but I've checked that.

Interestingly I have this arrangement for two different external domains.

anything@myotherdomain redirects to me@mydomain.com, and this appears to be pickied up by my me mailbox.

the one that doesn't is anything@mywife'sdomain, which redirects to wife@mydomain.com but isn't picked up by the wife mailbox.

I've noticed that the 'delivered-to' header for the former example is blah-blah-username-me@mydomain.com, but the same header in the second example is blah-blah-username-username@username.plus.net.

The redirect is set up in an identical manner in each case - looks like the second one isn't workign properly. I've reset it, but it still doesn't seem to work.

Any more ideas?

Mac
Community Veteran

Are the two external domains hosted on the same server?
mactabby
Grafter

They're hosted with the same provider, but I'm not sure whether they're on the same server.