cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linksys pap2t

N/A

linksys pap2t

I have the plusnet broadband phone working on x-lite but have just bought a linksys pap2t - several tries at getting it to work; so far failure.

I have the phone connected to the ATA and have the admin page I have (I think) entered all of the necessary connection stuff but It just does not dial.

Wonder if there is anyone out there who is willing to give me a hint.

It didn't help that the supplied CD was unreadable - but even after finding a set of documentation Huh? on the WEB it is so unhelpful as to be useless.

Thanks Allan
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

linksys pap2t

Have a look at this :- http://www.plus.net/support/hardware/linksys_ATA.pdf

Hope it helps.
N/A

linksys pap2t

N/A

linksys pap2t

thanks - it worked
Community Veteran

linksys pap2t

I;m on the verge of buying one of these, there seems to be a lot on ebay from hong kong at virtually half the price I can find on uk sites, anybody tried one of these or can any1 foresee any problems with buying the ebay models?
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Pap2t

Community Veteran

linksys pap2t

Yep thats the one I was looking at Smiley

The ebay ones work out at about 18 quid but I'm a bit of an ebay virgin Shockedops:

Just wondered if any1 had bought these hong kong models.
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

linksys pap2t

Honk kong items on ebay ?. They can be a bit of a hassel, i tend only to buy from UK, you may have to pay import duties, may take 10-14 days to arrive, It may be twice the price but they may offer better support returs etc.

Ian
Community Veteran

linksys pap2t

awb70uk,

If you want a cheap and cheerful ATA I got a Voyager 10v at £4.99 on ebay and it works a treat
( once youve coaxed it away from its dependance on BT , see here http://www.voipuser.org/forum_topic_5206.html )

This is where I got mine from ebay.co.uk

He was originally trying to sell them at £12.99 and didnt sell any, then dropped them to £4.99 when I bought mine,
so if he doesnt sell any at £9.99 he may drop them back to £4.99.
Best thing for me was he is only 10 mins away so collected and didnt have to pay postage.

[Moderator's note by Jonathan (chillypenguin): Long URL Converted to a link. title.]
Community Veteran

linksys pap2t

Thanks for that well worth looking into.

I have a BT buisness 220v here aswell which I unlocked using a firmware patch, can the 220v be used for non bt sip accounts do you know?
Community Veteran

linksys pap2t

A quick google would indicate - yes.
Take a look here http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/VOIP+Routers
towards the bottom of the page are some details about setting SIP configuration using Telnet , very similar to the 10v.
If its any use I had to set the 'tel number' in the 10v config to my plusnet sip id.
Community Veteran

linksys pap2t

Thanks Cool I'll try tommorow, looks a bit daunting bit I'll let you know how I got on.