cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jhaving an E-mail proberlem

N/A

I am getting a virus on average one every 15 mins to an hour telling me that my iE-mail is going to be shut down and its filling my inbox like flys, it looks like i am sending them from address like admin@cornet.plus.com and support@cornet.plus.com and other things and its really annoying any help please can someone help me?
12 REPLIES
N/A

Yeah, I'm starting to get these as well but mine are about 3-5 a day. Don't open the attachments no matter how legit the message looks, they all contain the W32.mytob.xx@mm virus.

I'll post back if I discover a way to stop em.
N/A

Cornet

This seems to have been covered in another thread entitled (unhelpfully) "Puzzled".
N/A

if it helps to know since that post about a day later they just stopped, weather plusnet have checked into it or something has stopped them.

I idddent know this was allready covered, its my first time on these forums, its nice to know it wasent jsut me.

I appreate your reply and thank you.
N/A

well i've just started getting loads of email from admin@sayceuk.plus.com telling me that my password has been succesfully changed and then that my accounts have been suspended. they all contain an attachment. i have never had problems like this before so what the hell is happening. if i didn't know much about email scams then i would have been really worried and opened the attachments but how can they be using my account to send mail?
N/A

ya it is quite streange, but m9ine has defoentlly stopped now. the viruses that I was getting have jsut stopped out the blue not long after I posted on here.

but ya I know how fristrating it is, and well done for not opening them, I diddent eaither. keep us informed please in whats happeneing.
N/A

Mine too, just like cornet, have suddenly stopped. I was getting about 5 every day for just over a week, but now, just out of the blue, they seem to have stopped.

Good Luck
N/A

well its not me then, maybe theres someone working behind the sceans to help out people like us, if thats the case all i have to say is thank you!
N/A

Just on the offchance then.. I'm getting roughly 30-50 emails a day all of which are virus's. Getting pretty sick of it.
N/A

Hi there,

Are these virus's or virus notifications coming from Plus Nets AV platform?
N/A

They're virus's.. exe's, .scr's zip's all coming from random people to random mailbox@xxxxxx.plus.com

a few of them are 'returned mail' that was supposedly sent by me but I dont have anyvirus's on my machine etc.

60% of them normally have the subject of 'hello', but I havn't really been able to trace where they are actually coming from - cant see anything obvious in the headers when I use outlook to download them.
N/A

I have downloaded all my mails via outlook and have noticed in all the headers that it seems to be coming from the same place.. I have sent an email to their isp (abuse@ and postmaster@

The spammers IP is dsl-213-023-134-069.arcor-ip.net ([213.23.134.69] ).
an interesting line in the headers is:
x-open-relay: 213.23.134.69 is in a black list at list.dsbl.org

Hopefully this will stop it, if not anyone got any ideas how I can take it further?
N/A

I've had that one as well, but not as frequent.

well the E-mails with your E-maila ccount is about to be shut down I was getting about 100 a day (at the lease), but thankfully i'm getting none now.

The return to sender ones allways come with a atttactment so you knopw they are viruses and half the time they make no sense, all that code and stuff I'm not completlly certain about but I am planning on elarning more about computer code maybe at college.

thanks.