cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.htaccess function & 'Internal Server Error' message

N/A

Has anyone used the .htaccess facility successfully via the Plus.Net webspace? I'm having problems getting past an 'Internal Server Error' message every time the respective link on my site is clicked. I've followed all the instructions provided by Plus.Net but still get the same error. Plus.Net don't support this feature so would appreciate any quidance that anyone can provide.

Cheers,

Adrian.

Moderators note. (johnessex) I have removed the duplicate post from the Intenet Security board. There is no need to multiple post as it only causes confusion and it's much better to have all replies in the same place.
2 REPLIES
N/A

.htaccess function - how to log out securely

OK, I've sussed out the reason why my .htaccess function wasn't working - I had a simple backslash going the wrong way in the html code on my homepage for the link in question - doh!

Anyway, now that I can get in it throws up a new question, does anyone know how to set up a function to allow a user to log out properly.

Again, comments welcome.

Cheers,

Adrian. Smiley
N/A

The only way to logout from a .htaccess protected directory, is to close all browser sessions, and re-start the browser.

This is a limitation of the way .htaccess protection works