Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ht access and asp

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

ht access and asp

In IIS, on the properties window of a web, click on the Security tab, then the IP Address button. You can enter IP addresses, to block in there.

I'm unfamiliar with snitz, but most of the forums I've used have the ability to block IP's in there as well.

Phil
2 REPLIES
N/A

ht access and asp

right, the web side of stuff is all new(ish) to me. Basically I visit a site www.parrotlinks.com thats built on asp ( forum.snitz.com ), so it looks like cant use ht access to do ip banning. now if i'm wrong then great, but if not is there a way to do ip banning thats fairly easy to follow through? sounds daft for a aparrot site but we got some serious threats being made towards a member and its escalated to the police being involved - not directly related to the forum, but someone who hangs about. So I really need to do this if poss.

Other thing is, if someone is on a dynamic ip, would they tend to stay within a certain range, if u c wot i mean, so you could ban a group of ips to block em?

if anyone has the faintest idea what i'm on about, I'd really appreciate some suggestions lol Cheesy
N/A

ht access and asp

Oh thanks Phil I found a plug-in after all that so I sent it to site Admin and he's having a look, but I'll mention what you said as well.

Thanks