cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i view wmv files?

N/A

how do i view wmv files?

i know how to upload them to my web space but i'm not sure which folder to put them in and how to see them once they are uped
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

how do i view wmv files?

WMV = Windows Media Video - they are video files. Make sure you upload them in binary format (if using FTP).

You can put them anywhere you like in your webspace - not sure why you are asking this though?

Use WIndows Media player to play them. Often double clicking on a link to the file will start windows media player automatically and view the file. Or anyone wanting to view it can just download to their PC then double click it.
N/A

how do i view wmv files?

when i've upped it to my site and i go to my page i cant see the file anywhere,what would the link look like
N/A

how do i view wmv files?

If you mean you want a WMV to play when you open your website, don't. User's on dialup won't be too pleased.

Add a link on your website to the wmv file as if it was a file to download or another page to go to. Also put the size of the file, so people can choose to download or not.

The file itself can go in any directory, just make sure the link you put goes to the corrct file & directory (easiest is to have file on root directory)
N/A

how do i view wmv files?

so how do i put a link to it so they can download it?i put the wmv file in the htdocs folder
N/A

how do i view wmv files?

Is it a video of your beast smoking it's rubber Wink

You need a link to the file on your web page.
N/A

how do i view wmv files?

lol, no its a vid of my other cars engine rattling like a bag of spanners a m8 needs to see how bad it is.

how do i make a link then,as u can tell i'm a novice at site building
N/A

how do i view wmv files?

Basically you need to create a web page.

What is the name of the file Huh
Did you put it in htdocs, or another directory.
N/A

how do i view wmv files?

the file name is composite1.wmv and its in the htdocs folder
Community Veteran

how do i view wmv files?

Just email your mate a URL to the file. If you put it in htdocs and called it brmbrm.wmv, the URL will be http://www.digitalworld.plus.com/brmbrm.wmv if you put in in a separe directory called wmvfiles the URL will be http://www.digitalworld.plus.com/wmvfiles/brmbrm.wmv etc.

He just puts the URL in his browser address bar and he can then download it to his PC and view it.

It looks like you used website builder to create your website. It has info on how to add a link to the page which you should be able to do knowing what the URL will be (but use your actual filename).
N/A

how do i view wmv files?

ok i did that but when i put the url in my browser nothing shows up
Community Veteran

how do i view wmv files?

That's because you called in Composite (capital C) - All filenames and directory names are case sensitive because PlusNet use Unix webservers.

Note: Mozilla browsers will not recognise the file type and will just show the file onscreen. Internet Explorer will start up Windows Media Player automatically (if it's configured to do so). Make this known to your mate also.
N/A

how do i view wmv files?

nice 1 thats done the trick cheers Wink
N/A

how do i view wmv files?

Definitely big ends.
N/A

how do i view wmv files?

my thinking exactly Cry