cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i access the webspace??? and other basic gubbins.

pint
Grafter

Ive recebntly move from freeserve to plusnet, and i cant access the plusnet webspace at all.
The freeserve service had an FTP mysite thingy which was basicly a web based interface to upload files to your webspace, it was pretty much the same thing as some of the FTP programs out there.

with plusnet, ive tried to find a web based uplaoder, but there doesnt appear to be one, and although i can log in with the ftp program i use ( ftp comander) it wont let me upload anything, instead it just frezes.
ive tried cuteftp but again i can log in succesfuly, but it wont do anything, all i get is a permision denied error.
have i missed something obvious?

I dont know much about website creation stuff, all i want to do is put a few photo albums up ( made using another ftp type program - Jalbunm) and a few other things with a main page linking to each album and other files.
the sort of thing im trying ( and failing) to do is put a main link page up along the lines of

click here for Swiss alps photos
here for morroco high atlas trek
here for the coast to coast bike ride
here for some video and audio of the events above.
and posibly another subpage set up on behalf of someone else i know who wants to get some basic info for a scout group online ( camp eqiupment forms, alcohol policy etc)
any help would be much apreciated.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

OK Im in the middle of writing a tutorial on this very subject.
but its not yet ready for publishing in the Tuutial and FAQ forum.
What I will do though is send it you as it is so far im a PM.
This should answer most of your questions.
pint
Grafter

thanks Smiley

edit:
still wont let me in, all i get is you dont have permsion to access the server errors, im on plusnet adsl, and i think ive put all my info in corectly.
server name ftp.plus.net
user name rtmtft
password: my password

and all that comes out of that with the ftp progrmas and the typing ftp ftp://ftp.plus.net ( followed by username/pass in the relevant box) into the webbrowser is an error has occured, make sure you have permision to access that folder.
Community Veteran

What you have been trying looks to be correct so I think the time has now come to raise a link:Contact us ticket and get PlusNet support to check that your web space is configured correctly.
Try and give them the exact error message that you are getting.