cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hosted domain email minor confusion

N/A

Forgive me if this has come up before, i tried searching but couldn't find anything specifically relevant to me.

Regarding the co.uk domain i have with plusnet (henceforth called domain.co.uk). It occoured to me earlier that i might use it for email, so i sent myself an email to test@domain.co.uk and happily received it a few moments later. What i am uncertain about however, is wether i can send email from *@domain.co.uk ? Is just a redirectional thing going on ? Would i have to set up an smtp server ? Or would it just be a matter of setting up a mailbox for *@domain.co.uk.

I know (at least i think i know) it can be done if i run my own mail server, i even run a server 24/7 i could do it on but i really dont want to do that as its under heavy load as it is.

Thanks.

Trevor W.
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: hosted domain email minor confusion

What i am uncertain about however, is wether i can send email from *@domain.co.uk ?

Just set up an account in your mail client eg outlook express and make the "from" address that of your domain.

Then anyone getting that mail and replying to it will send the reply to @domain.co.uk
N/A

Ohhh, how typical of me to think of more tricky solutions rather than whats right under my nose, i feel silly now !

Thanks muchly Cheesy

Trevor W.