cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help.. Blast alert???

N/A

help.. Blast alert???

I was browing the net when i got a plusnet page up saying it was alerted to the fact that i may have a blast virus/worm (whatever it is!!!)

I have run Norton Antivirus and also gone to the windows update page as it said i needed to check the updates.. but i have everything up to date and no virus was found by norton.

Im now worried in case something has gotten onto the pc somehowHuh OR do you think it was just a false alarm?

Sorry to be so dense... hubby is out tonight and he usually does this kind of stuff for me!!!!
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

help.. Blast alert???

Just for peace of mind you could go to Trend House Call and get a scan done from there for free.
If that gives you the all clear as well then you can be fairly confident that you are clear of virues. :lol:
N/A

help.. Blast alert???

thanks... i just didnt know what happened!!! I was reading something here ont he forum when the virus alert thing popped up!!!

Fingers crossed it was a false alarm seen as nothign has been found to date.

thanks again
Smiley
N/A

help.. Blast alert???

I think someone commented on this earlier, since some people with Modems are finding they are getting this page even when their machine isn't actually infected.

I don't think it's a fault with Plus Net's setup, moreover the sometimes traffic is pushed by the computer onto port 135. I've blocked this port for outgoing traffic on my router, but my firewall does sometimes show that windows is listening to this port.

Aaron
N/A

help.. Blast alert???

yeah.. it did mention something about that port.. but seen as me and technology just dont mix i have no clue what it was going on about!!!!
Looks like i had the all clear anyhow and it was a false alarm.. thanks for your replies Smiley
N/A

help.. Blast alert???

I had a false alarm the other night, when wifey clicked on an email link, which launched Outlook (configured for Exchange) and it polled port 135. I had kittens for a few seconds, the laughed with relief when I saw that Outlook had started. Phew!!