cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hello

N/A

hello

Is the 8mb service going to start soon please and will i be able to have a bigger server on my xbox live i would like to host a few more than 6 people.

Thanks very much

sybaris (phill)
6 REPLIES
N/A

hello

You need more Upload speed to host bigger games!
8MB Download
It will be the same upload speed.
N/A

hello

Yes sybaris1 is correct, what you need for severs is called SDSL but it will set you back a fortune heh.
N/A

hello

8mbit will be out.. when bt let it come out.. which is never. seeing as they are already loosing ground to the cable companies selling 10mbit cable, and now all the LLU companies (Bulldog,ukonline,BE etc) offering 22mbit .. why would they bother rolling it out? they have lost. they need to invest in somthing far far more usefull than 8mbit. think about it. 8mbit or 22mbit for the same price.. mmm mmm.
N/A

hello

Yes sybaris1 is correct, what you need for severs is called SDSL but it will set you back a fortune heh.

If you look at the details you find that the maxdsl is rate adaptive and has a max upload of 484KBS (or thereabouts) and so is virtualy twice the upload we have now.

Buzzons Bt are rolling it out just because your dissilusioned dont take it out on me, Oh well i'll have to wait then....
N/A

hello

That sounds cool, I want a faster upload speed by the time NwN2 comes out so I can get a server up and running (Neverwinter Nights 2 - PC Game MMORPG).
N/A

hello

syb, they are "rolling" it out yea i agree, its in its test phase, but how long do you really think it will take them to go around and update all the exchanges etc.. they still havnt done all the exchanges for standard ADSL yet!