cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

have i been hacked

N/A

have i been hacked

AHHHHHH i have been blocked from using my broadband my router wont except my password.......Windows messanger did a troubleshooter and it told me my dns and key ports were basically messed up....im now using my modem i got with my plus net account which it now seems ok..

it started when my girlfriend tried to look at a web site given to her by her college but it loaded and nothing came up...ever since then my anti virus went nuts and her comp would not shut down correctly when the comp turned off my network basically shut down and i lost access....

Any help would brilliant driving me crazy thanks :x
3 REPLIES
N/A

have i been hacked

i have got round it now after resetting the router 5 times it decided to except the deault password and i had control again...if anyone knows why this happened in the first place it would be helpfull thanks Smiley
N/A

have i been hacked

I doubt it was your router that was actually the problem. I'm guess some spyware messed up your network settings and prevent your computer from actually connecting to the router.

Have you run anti-virus and anti-spyware checks on the machine?
N/A

have i been hacked

Both of my computers were shut out....I did do checks with spybot search and destry, ad-aware away personal and avg anti virus all came up ok.

I could get to the login page for the router but it would not except my username and password or even the default ones until i rebooted it 5 times then it excepted the default one.

If it was spyware im not sure where it would have come from apart from the link that my girlfriends college gave her...

Ohhhh well thanks for the reply Cheesy