cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free domins included with my account

N/A

hi, i've got an homework 1mb line, and i've just used my opt in function. But i read that i can get 2 domains for free with my account.

My question is, how do i get the second one? And also is it just £1 per domain?

thanks
22 REPLIES
N/A

could someone also tell me about redirecting mail - im trying to redirect all mail sent to something@x3o.co.uk to its own mailbox only, without the rest of my email accounts @hamza2003.plus.com seeing them.
is it possible?
Community Veteran

The current mail system cannot redirect mail for a domain other than your username.plus.com and you don't have separate mailboxes for your domains either. In any case anything@domain.com will go into the mailbox called anything@username.plus.com so if you do want to redirect that mailbox you can, as long as you don't create it as a named mailbox.

Can't answer your first post I'm afraid.
N/A

Although this doesn't appear to have been updated with all the current account types, it seems clear that there are 2 free domains 'included' in some cases - and the £1/m domains are referred to as 'optional'.

However the description of HomeWorker here indicates that you get the standard home allowance of a single option domain and up to 3 domains hosted.
N/A

thanks for your help.

So, there is no way i can get all the mail to sometime@x3o.co.uk using mailboxes; but what if i was to run a SMPT server?
N/A

Can you explain a bit more about what you are trying to do and how you are set up now?

Is x3o.co.uk currently hosted by PN with something@x3o.co.uk going to it's own mailbox something@hamza2003.plus.com? Do you just want anyone.else@hamza2003.plus.com to be unable to see something@hamza2003.plus.com? Or are you trying to send something@x3o.co.uk to somewhere completely different, such as something@somewhereelse.co.uk?
Community Veteran

I think they want a separate mailbox called something@x3o.co.uk which is completely separate from their existing plusnet mailboxes. This is something you can't do on PlusNets email system.
N/A

basicly i would like a system like this:

All emails ending in @hamza2003.plus.com - to goto one mailbox.
all emails ending in @x30.co.uk -to goto another mailbox.
N/A

OK - I was reading too much into the significance of the word something Shockedops:
There seem to be a couple of ways to what you are asking:

1. Move the x3o.co.uk domain elsewhere (the usual suspects: 1&1, 123reg, Clicknames). I am pretty sure they all do email forwarding for which you may have to pay something. Then you can set up an email forwarding rule that forwards everything to a specific mailbox @hamza2003.plus.com.

2. As you say, run your own SMTP server - where you can set up your own rules as you like. With Mailtraq, for example, you can just set up an alias file (assuming you are email hosting for both):
*@x3o.co.uk: mailbox1@hamza2003.plus.com
*@hamza2003.plus.com: mailbox2@hamza2003.plus.com
N/A

Smiley - ok now on to the fun part

SMTP servers - i've got a machine running win 2k or i can get windows server, what software should i use (Mailtraq, im unsure if this is linux or not). I know pretty much everything hardware side, and windows 2k I know inside out, I lack the knownledge when its comes to domains/and SMTP servers only. simply because i've never done it before.
I've got a feeling that your going to say use linux, and im going to say i have done but i newbie at it, and i really really dont like the interfaces.

Can you recommend any guides to setting SMTP server up?
Also, would i still be able to collect my @hamza2003.plus.com email from internet explore? - To my knowledge SMPT will only stop outlook express from working?
N/A

Mailtraq is a Windows application. You can find a free version here for up to 4 users - you can try it and see if it does what you want. The is a very helpful support mailing list if you need detailed advice. I think there was a recent thread somewhere (here or ADSLGuide that listed some other SMTP servers that are available).

Basically, you could either set Mailtraq up to host everything and Outlook can collect email directly from Mailtraq - or you could let it host just x3o.co.uk and have it rewrite the email to the mailbox1@hamza2003.plus.com address, poke it back out to PN and have Outlook collect it as it does now.
N/A

thanks for your help Smiley I'll start setting everything up
N/A

sorry to keep being annoying, but could you help me setup mailtraq .

i've followed the instructions like it said, but i had no idea how to configure (find) the MX.

do you know of any guides that i could see?
N/A

If you mean the MX records for your domain? - then it gets set up automatically when you select SMTP mail delivery in your domain configuration 'I wish mail to this domain to be delivered to my static IP by SMTP'. Don't forget that if any mail ends up at autoturn.plus.net you need to finger postmaster@autoturn.plus.net to trigger the delivery, but most (if not all) will be delivered direct once the MX records are set up and the server is accepting email correctly.

There are some FAQs here, the help files of course, and details of the support list here.
N/A

ok thanks for that i think i've got it setup right. just need to wait for my SMTP to tranfer over.

Basically, you could either set Mailtraq up to host everything and Outlook can collect email directly from Mailtraq - or you could let it host just x3o.co.uk and have it rewrite the email to the mailbox1@hamza2003.plus.com address, poke it back out to PN and have Outlook collect it as it does now.

If i wanted to run both my accounts @hamza2003 & @ x3o - this doesnt seem possible with the free verison? i'd entered the details so that it does @x3o, but now theres no way to get mail which goes to @hamza2003 is there?

is it possible that i could use @hamza2003, to collect all the mail, then break it down, and send it back out using either @hamza2003 or @x3o?

i hope that makes sense, if it doesnt i'll try explaining it better!