cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file sharing download speed are crap

N/A

please any help required my download speed on file sharing site is rubbish anything between 1 - 20 (usaually 10 and under) even when there are lots of seeds and hardly any leechers . I am on plusnet 1meg windows xp Sad
11 REPLIES
N/A

p2p downloading speed

i'm on a 2mb connection and im not getting much better speeds than that. if i download from a website i get download speeds of about 250kbs but p2p is aweful
N/A

Well i have just migrated from pipex to plusnet 2mb plus account and im lucky if i get 5k on bit torrent Sad
Alecto
Grafter

BB plus is no good for P2P.
Read any of the many threads about it.
If you want file sharing, you need premier of PAYG.
N/A

What speeds do other people get on a 2mb premier account?
N/A

well that all depends on the time of day you use it... during the usefull times, ie, when everyone is online, you will get crapola speeds due to the speed caps plusnet use on P2P to allow gamers to play all their fun games...however if you can schedule the downloads to begin at about 2am and go onto till abouy 7, you should in theory get ok speeds (however you also have a fair use policy that you have to agree to, which means you cant download more than 100(ish) gig / month) ie, only 1/3 of the bw that you could theoreticaly use if you were to max the line out for the full month. If you want fully uncapped try to migrate to BE who offer decent (and very fast) connections with no hidden agendas, just to give you a service and let you (ab) use it how ever you like.
N/A

how does it cost to upgrade to plusnet premier broadband.?
Also what speeds could I expect .? :?
N/A

im not sure on the upgrade cost, but dependant on your line the speeds will very. you can upgrade to "upto 2mbit" "upto 4mbit" "upto 8mbit", however most lines will not support anything greater than 2mbit, so you would be getting ripped of totaly if you went for the 8mbit one. Do a line test (woosh test) from plusnet and from BT to see what your line would be capable of handling. However even with these connections P2P is throttled so you will not see great speeds 24/7. only ok speeds for a few hours at night and rubbish speeds the rest of the day.tbh if you are a p2p user. do what all the others are doing, and what pn whants you to do, and migrate -- you will not get what you pay for here. F2S or BE will service you well... even AOL are better than PN for P2P users
N/A

migrated to plusnet payg with extra 4 gig allowance for £3 more a week now hitting
between 35 - 50 kbs (better than 0-1 kbs)
ronnieuk
Dabbler

EasyNews

I recently Joined Plus.net the speed I got is just 1mb and my exchhange is ready for 2mb as been for sometime. The speed I get on EasyNews is damn
pathetic just 35kb/sec I was getting over 111kb/sec on btopenworld.
I'm now regretting joining PN
N/A

I Asked About cancelling my contract but i still had 7 months left to pay as well as £58 to cancell as well . total £235 to cancel .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Switch to payg i get 35plus on p2p downloads now , not alot i know but better than
0-1 kbs than on other plusnet account (Ask About Extra Allowance On Gig Allowance).
ronnieuk
Dabbler

EasyNews

I last few days been downloading using Mozilla browser at EasyNews and I got download speed of 117kb/sec . Internet explorer browser it was very slow using Easynews. Tongue