cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

favicon.ico

N/A

favicon.ico

where do i put this file so it will appear in my favorites when someone adds my site to there favorites

i have put it in /htdocs but it is not working HELP

thanx

john Cry

[Moderators note (by Thomas): Excessive smileys deleted, and stray URL tag removed.]
6 REPLIES
N/A

favicon.ico

I believe you can put it where you like, as long as at the top of each page you put this:

<LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="favicon.ico">
N/A

favicon.ico

still cant get it to work works ok when i test it on me eurobell hosted site, but not on my plusnet site
Community Veteran

favicon.ico

Clear your cache / temp internet files AND do a forced refresh next time you visit your site - CTRL and F5, that was the only way I could get one to work.

I used to use one on my site but they are very tempromental and a bit of a pain.

Chris
glyndev
Grafter

favicon.ico

I believe you can put it where you like, as long as at the top of each page you put this:

<LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="favicon.ico">

Just to clarify for us dunderheads.

By 'at the top of each page' do you mean between <head> and </head> or anywhere before <body> or just after the <body> tag ?.

Make an idiot happy.

[Moderators note (by Thomas): Double-post deleted.]
csogilvie
Grafter

favicon.ico

Within the <head> tag. You also need to make sure the path is relevant. However, favicon support seems flaky in most browsers in my experience, although it does seem that Mozilla manages to fetch them even if they aren't referenced.

Also, you may find if you are trying to make an (X)HTML valid page that that isn't valid (X)HTML as I can't find it in the W3C guidelines.
N/A

favicon.ico

i can't see why it is not working. perhaps try making a standard html page (not word's creation)