cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excuses ?

N/A

excuses ?

Notice how Customer Operative #2 struggles for excuses !!!!!!!!!!!

Ticket: 18171857 Assigned

Raised: 2005-11-30 12:53:39 by: You

2005-11-30
12:53:39
You
Open : [Support Wizard Journey]
[Wizard NOT followed]
[Other Query]
--
[Additional Information]
Voip not working correctly.

*Can dial out

*When the phone is answered neither party can hear anything.

*No settings have been changed since the last time it was working.

2005-11-30
13:51:41
Customer Operative #1
Customer Support Centre Assigned : Internal transfer.

2005-11-30
15:30:51
Customer Operative #2
Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear Mr xxxxxxx,
Are you using the x-lite client or a voip router?

Regards,
Customer Operative #2

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

2005-11-30
16:38:12
You
Assigned : *I am using the SJPhone software.

*I have tried x-lite in case there is a time limit on the SJphone software.

*same symtoms, when the Land line phone answers then the voip phone shows 'Hung up'.

*It appears that for some reason the connection is 'cut' when the Land line phone is answered.

*Best guess, your software is misinterpreting/missacting on the signal it recieves upon answer.

2005-12-01
02:09:52
Customer Operative #3
Customer Support Centre Assigned : [INTERNAL TRANSFER]

Regards,
Customer Operative #3

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

2005-12-01
13:01:22
You
Assigned : *The line now connects, both parties can now hear each other.

*80% of the time the calls are 'clear as crystal'

*20% of the time The line is 'crackley' and the sound breaks up.

2005-12-01
13:34:30
Customer Operative #4
Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear Mr Griffiths,
Are there any particular times in the day when the call clairty isnt clear? Is this when your calling mobiles or landlines?

Regards,
Customer Operative #4

2005-12-01
17:45:03
You
Assigned : No it happens on all calls. On a 5 minute call approx 20% of the call breaks up. Some times it is on first talking to the other party. Other times it happens after 2mins or sometimes after 3 mins.

The quality is not consistant.

2005-12-01
17:47:54
Customer Operative #5
Customer Support Centre Assigned : I will pass this back to the VOIP team to advise you further.

[INTERNAL]
Please action.

Regards,
Customer Operative #5

2005-12-02
15:02:21
Customer Operative #2
Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear Mr Griffiths,
Have you tried changing the codec that the VoIP software uses to transfer data to a lower quality?

Please try this first.

Regards,
Customer Operative #2

2005-12-02
15:53:35
You
Actioned : Uploaded file attachment.

Name: codex SJphone.JPG

Type: image/pjpeg

Download Attachment

2005-12-02
15:53:36
You
Assigned : *The problem never arose until a day or two before the major problem of your software not connecting to land lines correctly.

*The problem only happens with calls to land line numbers.

*There is no problem when i call the 700 test number.

*What have you changed in the past 5 days ?

*Codices details in attached file. Which one should i set it at ?

2005-12-03
01:52:47
Customer Operative #3
Customer Support Centre Assigned : [INTERNAL TRANSFER]

Regards,
Customer Operative #3

2005-12-04
16:04:43
You
Assigned : Over 24hrs since your last communication.

The problem still exists. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2005-12-05
13:02:30
Customer Operative #2
Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear Mr xxxxxx,
I would recommend trying:

disable any firewall applications on your computer.
ensure all the correct ports for sjphone are forwarded on your modem/router, we have not changed anything in the last 5 days and this problem is not being reported by anyone else apart from yourself so the problem will be down to a configuration issue or firewall/portforwarding issue.

Regards,
Customer Operative #2

2005-12-05
13:37:04
You
Assigned : " would recommend trying:

disable any firewall applications on your computer.
ensure all the correct ports for sjphone are forwarded on your modem/router"

*Please try reading the thread.
*Please recommend which settings to remedy for the first suggested solution before suggesting a second.

*The problem started after you fixed the connection problem.

*It was not there before your software failed to interperate the answer signal from the landline upon answer.
15 REPLIES
N/A

excuses ?

omfg, they should never tell you to disable a firewall, and even if they did, there is no reason why that would get in teh way of the VoIP other than stopping it working completly, sometimes i wonder if the people that reply to our help queries acutaly know what they are talking about!

personaly i think its due to the way PN handle bandwidth to our accounts, and the degridation of the signal will be due to a lack of bandwidht (Either upload or download) to your account. (or some one else on the exchange hammering it)

it has NOTHING to do with your hardware setup as it was i presume the same before this issue started.
N/A

excuses ?

omfg, they should never tell you to disable a firewall, and even if they did, there is no reason why that would get in teh way of the VoIP other than stopping it working completly, sometimes i wonder if the people that reply to our help queries acutaly know what they are talking about!

personaly i think its due to the way PN handle bandwidth to our accounts, and the degridation of the signal will be due to a lack of bandwidht (Either upload or download) to your account. (or some one else on the exchange hammering it)

it has NOTHING to do with your hardware setup as it was i presume the same before this issue started.

Precisely !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it all started when the upgrade of their asdn routers began.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

excuses ?

We noticed with a call yesterday it kept breaking up every so often, as you say about 80% OK and 20% broken up.
N/A

excuses ?

We noticed with a call yesterday it kept breaking up every so often, as you say about 80% OK and 20% broken up.

Thank you, as you can see from the thread they are lying to me. Telling me that i am the only one experiencing it.
N/A

excuses ?

*Have been observing the incoming signal while on my voip phone.

*80% of the time the 'Recieve' signal is a constant 42Kbps.

*But when the problem occurs the 'Recieve' drops and then fluctuates between 20 and 30 Kbps.

*As soon as the recieve becomes a constant 42Kbps then the quality of the call improves.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

excuses ?

Any comment from PlusNet on the audio breaking up? At times it's almost impossible to have a conversation. Tried different codecs but it make no difference.
N/A

excuses ?

Assigned : We would like to inform you that your Contact Us Ticket ID [ ********* ] has now been returned to the CSC - VOIP SME pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.

That was 9am this morning, (c. 1 week since my first complaint).

They still assert that i am the only customer who it affects. :twisted:
JonathanW
Grafter

excuses ?

Hi,

I've had a quick look at the ticket in question, and the issue has been raised through internally for one of the networks guys to check on things. Which is why the ticket in question wasn't responded to earlier today.

Having looked at the response from our network engineer, it appears that there is currently an issue between our servers and those of our PSTN provider. This is now being investigated further so that we can resolve the situation.
N/A

excuses ?

would the issue mention affecting your server affect me being able to get inbound calls via my zyxel 2002l?
JonathanW
Grafter

excuses ?

Hi,

This shouldn't affect you being able to get incoming calls, as this is just causing some intermittent issues with call quality.
N/A

excuses ?

Hi,

I've had a quick look at the ticket in question, and the issue has been raised through internally for one of the networks guys to check on things. Which is why the ticket in question wasn't responded to earlier today.

Having looked at the response from our network engineer, it appears that there is currently an issue between our servers and those of our PSTN provider. This is now being investigated further so that we can resolve the situation.

Thank you JW, Now that the problem has been identyfied i am sure it will be fixed.
N/A

excuses ?

Well its working properly again now.
N/A

excuses ?

Well i requested a refund for the time that it was not operating correctly. The Cust service person who had told me to disable my Firewall gave this reply.
we do not offer a guarantee with this service

Does that mean that they think they can charge for a service and not provide that which they claim ?
N/A

Plusttalk

I had a very simlary experience and I too posted the lengthy correspondance between me and customer services - but the moderator deleted it.

FWIW I had all the break up problems too although now they say they fixed it I have had no more problems.

As for no refund for the time the service was effectively useless, that stinks. I paid up front for 12 months and expect 12 months worth of service. Almost a call to the CAB for some advice I think.....