cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails to me are bouncing

N/A

Hi, I was chuffed and most appreciative of the info I got off this forum regarding Plusnet's domain hosting without transferring in. I set up my domain, worked through the details and made extensive notes. It was functioning well for a while.

I have a couple of probs currently. 1 is that my main HD crashed. I have all the files backed up but no drive to restore them to yet.

The other is that emails to Mike@mydomain.co.uk are bouncing back to senders. This was fine a little while ago and I don't know of any config changes that were made.

I can't work my way through the set-up process and earlier notes just now, so can anyone give me any ideas about what's happening here?
TIA
Regards,
Mike Halmarack
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Just send you an email to the address above so if it bounces Ill reply back here. Sad
If it doesn't then you must have got it Cheesy
N/A

Just send you an email to the address above so if it bounces Ill reply back here.
If it doesn't then you must have got it

Hi John,
I was observing what I've seen before here regarding the expression of URL's and email addy's on a "monkey see monkey do basis" ( my most successful strategy to date).

Your suggestion is very useful. Will you be sending to:Mike@mydomain.co.uk?
I'f you'd like my correct email address I'll send it to you or post it here if you think that's advisable. Meanwhile, a couple of people have sent test messages today and they've bounced. Assuming yours will do the same, I wonder why?
Regards,
Mike
N/A

Meanwhile, a couple of people have sent test messages today and they've bounced. Assuming yours will do the same, I wonder why?
Regards,
Mike

Perhaps a question for the Administrating Moderator rather than the Moderating Administrator? :lol:
Community Veteran

Oh boy! engage brain John. Sad
Yes I just clicked on the addy that you had posted above which is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard :roll: (however it's not bounced yet :? )

Just post the domain name and I will try one to Mike at that domain.co.uk or any other name if you wish.
N/A

Thanks for the offer John, I contacted support last night and was told that some of the settings on my accounr had become mis-configured and that this was being fixed.

I thought there must be a pretty good reason why so many people were using 'mydomain' to describe their URL, so I opted for caution too. Cheesy