cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email still no good

N/A

email still no good

When is the mail going to work properly again? I get closed by foreign connection, and webmail tells me I don't exist. I'm getting very tired of Plusnet problems. Why does service status say mail problems are resolved? My business has been suffering for a week.
6 REPLIES
N/A

email still no good

use gmail! Smiley
godricbj
Grafter

email still no good

i think i am going to dump plusnet for everything but adsl connection. buy some server space at machosting... they even do imap, and the php mysql is excellent.... so fast.... and they care.

very sad that an isp that won awards is now , as a public company, so badly run it can't even operate a decent email service... oh and it takes 13hrs to get help by email... and that is if you can find the link to ask the question in the first place... they have hidden it so well.

i used to love this outfit.... i have recommended it to lots of my friends... i feel very let down... but i bet no one in plusnet will answer this post.

actually i am not sure "sad" is the right word.
N/A

email still no good

I feel exactly the same way. When I came to PlusNet a year ago it was a breath of fresh air after Demon, but now I feel badly let down. They have obviously taken on new business way beyond their infrastructure and support capacity.

I have already moved my webspace to another provider because the php service here is completely unacceptable and now I need to make alternative email arrangements for the same reason. That leaves my monthly fee for broadband only looking very expensive.

Also, like the previous poster, I don't suppose PlusNet will respond to this. They've never bothered to answer any of my previous comments, either in this forum or private comments in support messages.

I work in the IT industry and am often asked my opinion about IT service providers, including ISPs. I can't imagine the amount of damage people like me are currently doing to PlusNet's reputation by sharing their experiences as a customer with people looking to change. This company needs to close its doors for new business right now until it has got its house in order and can support the customers it has already got.
Alecto
Grafter

email still no good

All I can say is that it's a good job Plusnet has announced improvements in customer service. :lol:

If anyone wants to use Gmail instead, pm me an email address for an invite.
But hurry, I've only got a couple of thousand!!!
:lol: :lol:
godricbj
Grafter

email still no good

I have been with plusnet for a number of years, and up to the time it went public it was excellent... not prefect, but excellent... I was recommending it with confidence.

But times have changed...prices have come down.... profits are less... and plusnet clearly has a problem... its offering more and more services... phone deals are the latest, but falling down in two key areas... the supply of a reliable core service and.... and we all know this... SUPPORT.

Now actually they are related... take on more clients to get more money, then there is pressure on the infrastructure and the resulting breakdowns put more pressure on one of the most expensive bits.. support.

But the most significant part of this is that they are ALL management related problems. Someone is just NOT up to the job and the share price graph say it all.... the rise and fall of plusnet is perfectly mapped.
The next phase will be that the outfit looks cheap, is taken over by another isp, asset stripped, and the poor old customers served up with isp service mush. Should we wait for this?

Can we do anything about it... I don't think so, that's up to the share holders and they want profit.

And what would I do?
Some of it has been done... but...

1. Draw a line between fault support and telling people how to work their kit... one first point of call for support, then a person alocates it as free or charged. Restore the view of call waiting times... it's mad to throw that out.
2. Produce a mix and match charged product menu with every item at a price. So if you are on a basic package and you need fax you can add it.
3. Charge realistic prices for hosting, but do it properly.
4. Be the first to offer adsl only... its comming.

wow.. time I shut up!

thx all
ps A comment from plusnet would be great, but there again, you don't get much ice on the Nile!
N/A

email still no good

I have to agree with the last post.

They need to reorganise CS much better than what they are doing now as it is worse than ever!

To say things will get much worse before they get better is like a rhetorical question and a cop-out.

They should take on staff in the interim to smooth the transition.

Talk is VERY cheap (well it can be lol) action speaks far louder and we have seen NONE of it!