Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email redirecting from domain

ESL
Grafter

Hi all,

I am not sure how to figure this out or know if it can be done as this is all a bit new to me, but:

I have my domain set up and hosted correctly, say at http://www.abc.co.uk, which is also set up to accept POP3 email.

I have figured out that if I send email to someone@abc.co.uk, that the email will sit in my normal Plusnet administrator's email box, until I log in to retrieve it.

What I would like to do, is to redirect this email to someone else outside of plusnet, and have them be able to reply to the email from their own client, but have it look like it was sent from "someone@abc.co.uk", and not their own email account.

I think the standard plusnet mailbox redirect would get the mail out to them, and I assume that they will have to alter their own email client to send out the "someone@abc.co.uk" alias.

Have I got this figured correctly? Or is there any way I can do this entirely within plusnet settings?
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

That is how I understood it should work with the redirect.
ESL
Grafter

Thanks for the reply Peter, I thought that sounded about right. I was just checking there was no other more efficient method.
Wink