cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email problem

N/A

email problem

I just tried to check my mail and it failed due to this

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Plus.Net', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

what does it meanHuh It worked about 4 hours ago.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

email problem

Your email client probably timed out trying to connect or PlusNet's POP3 server is busy or you have a lot of emails waiting to download. First check with webmail to see what is waiting to be sent to your and delete some if there are lots of email.

Or just try again a bit later.
Community Veteran

email problem

Also worth doing a re-boot following this message.
I have had this happen in the past and only a re-boot has worked.
N/A

email problem

Just reebooted. works perfect now. cheers mate Cheesy
N/A

email problem

OK guys a question........i send an email with attachment from my plusnet account through O Express and it saves in my sent items, there is no undeliverable report yet i have been informed a number of times the intended recipient did not get it? I am over my storage limit, is this a Plusnet problem? Also i have email in my OE Inbox on Plusnet yet when i log in to the Web based email it says inbox empty!! confused!
N/A

email problem

Firstly, what do you mean "storage limit"? PlusNet have no defined limit on your inbox (although attachments cannot be larger than 100mb per email). Is the person you're emailling on a service such a hotmail or yahoo, where they do have limits? It could be that if their inbox is full they won't receive your message.

By default when OE downloads new messages it deletes the email from the server. To stop this happening go into OE, click "Tools" and then "Accounts". Select your PlusNet account from the window and press "Properties". In the window that appears change to the "Advanced" tab and tick the "Leave a copy of messages on the server" option. You may also want to enter a value in the box below, as otherwise your emails will build up and you'll have to keep removing them manually.
N/A

email problem

cheers, that should have said AM i over my email storage limit, but what you are saying is that there is no real limit. I would have thought that the usual Yahoo and Hotmail inform you that the message was undeliverable, thats fine but i have no idea whether the recipient is getting the emails

thanks mate
N/A

email problem

Yeah - there's no storage limit (as long as you don't go over the individual attachment limit, or have ludicrously large emails queued on the server).

I think that hotmail and yahoo do bounce emails back with a message saying something like "storage limit exceeded" as you said. Can you send test emails to a few people (maybe on different services) to see if you can narrow the problem areas down?