cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eclipse , Pipex or tiscali ?

petsyb
Grafter

Ok so plunet you want all us 'High Users' (or is that everyone) to leave, so you shouldnt mind us dicussing where to go

they all seem to have unlimited accounts with lot larger peak time fair usage limits,shorter peak time hours and cheaper or the same as plusnets £14.99

anyone have any thoughts ?
17 REPLIES
N/A

I dont know much about eclipse but I was Tiscali member 1 and half years ago they are almost crap as Plusnet. Dont sign up to tiscali.

I heard some bad rumors about pipex about their limitation and such so do a good search using search engine like google and find out what other people commented on these companies.
aetos
Grafter

I have heard that ZEN are good, they may be on the more expensive side, but at least you seem to get service.

Their Forums are open to non members to browse and there doesn't seem to be the same disatisfaction as with PN
N/A

There's no problem with this type of discussion going on, but it has to be posted to the correct board.

Thus I've moved it to VOIP and Everything Internet for you to continue the discussion.

Wink
shellsong
Grafter

My money's still on Be* when they finally enable my exchange although if things get much worse with PN I might feel I have to find a temporary alternative

Since I'm registered with Be* (have been since September 2005) I am able to visit and post on their forums and apart from a few posters with problems that seem minor compared with those of many PlusNet customers everyone seems happy, friendly and helpful including the support staff

There is NO THROTTLING OR TRAFFIC SHAPING WHATSOEVER and although there is a FUP no one has ever been taken to task for breaching it despite one or two having allegedly downloaded more than 500 GB in a month-- there was an unoffical mention a few months back of it not being a good idea to go much over 15 GB/day or 450 GB/month on the Be Unlimited package!
ayster
Dabbler

I was with eclipse before PN, they were pretty good at the time (prolly bout 5 years ago?) But PNs broadband was cheaper at the time, hence why i moved. With the BT bombshell, I might just be looking around again, and would definatly look at eclipse and Be* as viable alternatives.
N/A

Here's a novel one sign up and get a free Pc pentium 3 with 160hd 19 Monitor etc

http://www.redteninternet.com/
N/A

Wow, What an amazing offer- £20 a month, 3 year contract. http://www.redteninternet.com/
Must be a catch but can't find nothing on ADSL guide.
Still I shall investigate further before I jump ship.

tom
N/A

They're heavy on what you get in the way of free (well, actually 'loan') hardware, but light on that 'fair usage' policy in the small print (well, small pop-up actually!).

Also that bit about building-up your software collection rings a few alarm bells. Methinks they might be sending you stuff 'on-approval' whether you want it or not.
holdtight
Grafter

What happens at the end of the three-year contract?

At the end of the three year contract you have two choices: to walk away, or to continue using Redten Internet. If you choose the latter option, we’ll reward you for your loyalty by giving you another computer worth over £500. This second free computer will be completely up to date and, featuring all the latest hardware and software you’d expect of a new computer, will ensure you can enjoy all the latest PC and internet developments and don’t fall behind

Surely too good to be true but i cant find any catches
How are you able to offer a free PC with every broadband connection?

It’s only by teaming up with BT, Microsoft, Intel and LG that this offer has been made possible. Without their support the cost of giving away a PC worth around £600 would be prohibitively expensive. You only have to do the maths: £19.99 per month for three years comes to £720, and we’re giving away a £600 PC up front. If you were to pay for the PC on finance over three years it would cost more than £720.
Surely there must be a catch, right? Well, no actually. We’re hoping that over the three years you’re with us we’ll be able to temp you with a few more offers and that you’ll use our Savastore website to make online IT purchases, but other than that we have no hidden agenda

Surely too good to be true but i still cant find any catches you may be right about the software and any other purchases in that 3 year period zillion but nowhere on there site can i find anything that says it compulsory to buy anything extra

Of course we all know about the small print agreements during the sign up process which remains hidden until you sign so maybe its in there somewhere
N/A

Apparently RedTenInternet is owned by Watford Electronics (not hidden information, just might not be obvious).

Some have apparently been critical of WE as being fraudsters, though it was only when this new PC/ADSL service came up in a newsgroup that I saw any mention of WE being black-marked as bad, so I cannot vouch for the truth (or otherwise) of such a comment about them.

Worth investigation before plunging into a three year contract (yes, I know, PN and 60 months might spring to mind, but there's no PC involved, and it seemed unclear to me whether one was able to stop at the three years point without any further money to pay - I hope so, and if it is the case, would be interested, but having had no reply to an e-mail after giving them a few weeks in case of heavy demand, I would be reluctant to sign up right now).
fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

BE look good, if you can get them. However, what about e-mail?

Would you just use something like a Hotmail account?

Regards.....Noel
N/A

Find a friend with a spare Googlemail invite.

Be is a non-starter for Stratford, Noel Sad

https://www.bethere.co.uk/showRollOutExchange.do
fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Yep, thanks, gasco. Perhaps soon.

However, I hope +Net will be up to speed soon!

Regards.....Noel
N/A

Yes and they can do Leamington whilst they are in the neighbourhood Wink