cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

easyspace.com

community
Grafter

easyspace.com

Hi all from a newbie to Plusnet broadband.

Is there anyone out there who came to Plusnet from another ISP?

I came from ntlworld.com recently.
When I was with them, I had 2 of my own domain websites which are hosted by Easyspace.
I still have these very active websites hosted by them but I find now that I cannot make changes to the site when using ftp.plus.net
I am told by Plusnet that I must inform easyspace to change the IPS tag to
ns1.force9.net 195.166.128.16 and
ns2.force9.net 195 166 128.17

Unfortunately, I cannot get a personal response from easyspace to confirm that they are changing the ISP tag - all I get is an autoresponse which tells me to check the faq! Cry
Until easyspace understand this request , every time I try to upload a new page to my website, I get "access denied"! Evil

Does anyone have a solution?
thanks
Eddie Johnson
www.yamahakeyboards.info
www.johnsonassociates..co.uk
www.music2myears.plus.com
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

easyspace.com

I am a little confused...

Is it your intension for PlusNet to host your websites? i.e. you want to transfer the websites to PlusNet or do you want the websites to be hosted by PlusNet but the domain admin and charging done by easyspace.

Until this is clear what you have said makes little sense.

If it is your intension for PlusNet to administer, host and charge you for your domains, then only easyspace can initiate this transfer by changing the TAGS associated with the domains to Plusnets so PlusNet can then make the necessary changes. If you just want your domains to be hosted but the admin and charging should remain with easyspace then again you need to get easyspace to change the Name Server (NS) records to point to the 2 you gave above. So you need to lookup the easyspace FAQs for transfering domains to another ISP or transfering the host of your domain and follow the instructions.

There is nothing PlusNet can do, only easyspace can change the necessary details associated with the domains.
community
Grafter

easyspace.com

Thanks for your reply and help.

What I want is-- my domains to be hosted but the admin and charging should remain with easyspace .
I agree that the simple way would be to look up the faq for this, which I have attempted! but I could not see such an faq Cry

I promise now to have a look again.

The BIG BIG problem these days is that IT IS SOMETIMES IMPOSSIBLE TO TALK TO A LIVING BREATHING HUMAN - ONLY AN INANIMATE HD.

Watch this space!
cheers
Eddie Johnson