cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eDonkey causes web browsing and ping to stop!

N/A

Anyone had a problem like this??

I have 1meg Premier Broadband, recently migrated from Pipex (no problems with P2P) moved to Plus.net, now unable to browse web while eDonkey is running!!!

Have tried lower MTU - all ports required for eDonkey have been tested and the client is "reachable" - I am only accepting 20 incoming connections which was half I was able to use on Pipex!!!!!

Any ideasHuh

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Topic moved to a more apt forum.
4 REPLIES
N/A

cant say i ever had a problem... but to be honest i only used edonkey for a week b4 i moved away completely from p2p.

try another browser with it see if that help? try reinstallin edonkey.

MTU shudnt really affact it that much... if ur connection is getting hammered by edknoey then browsing will be slow but shudnt stop completely
N/A

im getting the same problem p2p at the mo, i dont tend to use p2p much but it is annoying,

would kike to hear if there is a solution too, i am on 2Mb
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

How fast is eDonkey downloading at? If it's maxing out your connection then there might not be enough bandwidth left to ping/browse. Can you limit the speed on eDonkey (I've never used it myself)?
N/A

You need to set the maximum upload and download speeds on edonkey or otherwise you will have problems.

They need to be set to about 90% of the maximum of your line. For example I have a 1Mb connection, and 90% would be 115 for download and 28 for upload.