cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

draytek 2600vg with plustalk voip

N/A

Hello I have a 2600vg with the latest firmware. I have Draytel setup on it OK.

Does anyone out there have a clue of how to set it up on the router?

Draytel was easy , Has anyone managed to use a 2600vg with Plus Net Voip?

I'm trying to set up a 2700vg. Can't dial PSTN via PLustalk but seem to take incoming ok on both the POTS and Plustalk numbers. If I figure it out I'll let you know.
N/A

Please do because the help off Plus net is rubbish. You are my only hope!
N/A

Re: draytek 2600vg with plustalk voip

Hello I have a 2600vg with the latest firmware. I have Draytel setup on it OK.

Does anyone out there have a clue of how to set it up on the router?

Draytel was easy , Has anyone managed to use a 2600vg with Plus Net Voip?

The draytek's should work ok. I think plusnet use asterisk for voip and i have had draytek's working with asterisk before.

Its just a case of punch on the details into the router config and off you go. Note the draytek's can take some time to dial because it doesnt know the length of the number you are trying to dial pressing # on a phone will terminate the number for you.
N/A

Cheers Al Working now
N/A

paulsue and anyone else who knows about these things.

What settings did you use to get everything to work?

My situation is different in that I am trying to get a Prestige 2002L to work on voip and it will not register, so information on the various servers and their ports would be very helpful.
Thanks.
David
N/A

My situation is different in that I am trying to get a Prestige 2002L to work on voip and it will not register, so information on the various servers and their ports would be very helpful.
Thanks.
David
N/A

Thanks.
David
N/A

Ok these are my settings

sip port 5060
domain=sip.plus.net
proxy=sip.plus.net
outbound proxy=sip.plus.net
register via=auto
display name= my 0845 plus net number
account name= my 6 digit plus net sip number
authentication id = as above
password= my plus net standard password
expiry time = 1 hour

And to finish off I am not using a stun server

I hope all this helps

Paul
N/A

Hi Paul
Thank you for the info.
David
N/A

Hope it works . Because Plus net will not be any help
N/A

Hi paulsue
I would just like to say that Support have actually made some very useful suggestions i.e. critical changes to their own setup guide which have now worked together with my taking a close look at your own settings.
I can now finally at last register, but with very poor stuttering voice quality.
I note, in another thread, that I should reduce the voice to 60 kb/s to improve that problem. how I do that is another matter.
David
N/A

IS THIS ANY HELP. THIS IS FROM THE DRAYTEK WEBSITE

Which Codec is best to select ?

The Vigor VOIP routers support various different Codecs; these are voice coding methods. The current setting (that used for placing outgoing calls) is set from the VOIP/Codec menu. The default setting is G.729A/B which offers a good balance of voice quality and modest bandwidth usage but with a broadband connection, you may wish to select the higher quality G.711 codec. Do remember that your broadband connection's upstream speed may only be 256Kb/s in total (even if your downstream speed is 4Mb/s!) so for an activity like VoIP, your upstream speed is important.

You can experiment to see which protocol suits you best. You can also select the packet size; this is set in ms (milliseconds); for example if it is set to 20ms, that specifies that each packet will contain 20ms of voice data. If can increase the value the packet overhead is smaller, but latency (voice delay) will increase, and vice versa. Again, you can experiment to find your preferred setting.