cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

domain email

N/A

domain email

Hi guys,
I'm still having problems getting mail routed to mail@mydomain.co.uk. I followed your advice from previous postings and set up a mailbox called mail. I received a message back from plus net saying that my mailbox mail@themerrys.plus.com was active. I can send mail to mail@themerrys.plus.com without problem but when I try to sent mail to mail@mydomain.co.uk I get the error message:
"unrouteable mail domain mydomain.co.uk"
Do I have to do any setup at Domain Names for this to work or can you suggest anything else to try.?
thanks again
Happy New Year to all

jafo
10 REPLIES
N/A

domain email

Has your domain been fully transferred in to PlusNet (is it listed on THIS page)?
N/A

domain email

Under Existing Domains my domain name is listed as registed and hosted.
N/A

domain email

Questions before an answer can be given!

Are you using Microsoft Outlook Express.

If you are then set up an e-mail address anyname@yourdomain.co.uk
then in the server section set as user name (as registered with plus net) but do not add +anyname after your user name.

This works for me

Harry.g
N/A

domain email

Another note, it can take upto 24 hours after it says hosted, before all servers will recognise the changes.

Is it possible to post the domain, and we can see what MX (mail server designated to collect the mail) records are setup, IE, is it a issue?

Have you changed any of the mail settings in the "Domain Names" control panel? IE, is the mail setings section set to POP3.
N/A

domain email

My domain name is sandnet.co.uk. I have not set up a web page as yet. In the Domain Names" control panel mail is set as POP3. I have set my domain name to point to htdocs/www.sandnet.co.uk and that as much as I have done. The domain has been registered and hosted for about a week according to +net. I am trying to test the mail address by sending mail from my works computer to mail@sandnet.co.uk
thanks
jafo
csogilvie
Grafter

domain email

Are you sure its sandnet.co.uk as according to nominet, that site does not exist and is not registered.

[cso01@omega cso01]$ whois -h whois.nic.uk sandnet.co.uk

No match for "sandnet.co.uk".

WHOIS database last updated at 20:49:48 03-Jan-2004

Although, PlusNet's nameserver's do know about it...

[cso01@omega cso01]$ host www.sandnet.co.uk ns1.force9.net Using domain server:
Name: ns1.force9.net
Address: 195.166.128.16#53
Aliases:

www.sandnet.co.uk is an alias for regd.plus.net.
regd.plus.net has address 212.159.8.1
N/A

domain email

Soooooo? where does that leave me! Does this mean that I am paying +net £1 per month as part of my broadband deal to register a domain name which they haven't done as yet even although they may have updated their own system to reflect my domain name. Looks like I'm chasing my tail here!
Should I be having a quiet word or two with +net?
cheers
jafo
csogilvie
Grafter

domain email

I'd suggest raising a Contact Us (http://contactus.plus.net) ticket about it, yes making sure you explain everything - as it appears the Domain Name has not been registered which would be why its not working and only the PlusNet primary server knows about it.
N/A

domain email

Thanks everyone. Contact raised. I'll keep my fingers crossed and reply when something happens.
jafo
N/A

domain email

Everyone,
Just to let you know that my domain name had if fact not been registered by +net. This has now been done and my domain name is up and running.
thanks for all your help

jafo