Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disconnections

ady
Grafter

disconnections

hey
wen i go on the net i can sumtimes stay online for hours.. however sum times it will b a couple of seconds the i get disconnected.
i am using a BT voyager 105 modem. the DSL light will begin to flash green... then it says it is training i will then get a disconnected =\
hmm any help guysHuh :idea:
2 REPLIES
N/A

Replying Ivan

Hi illegal89,

This sounds very much like the modem is loosing synchronization but quite why that is happening is abit more tricky? One common reason that ADSL connections loose sync or connections can drop out completely can be down to line noise. Line noise or excessive noise can be a real problem, line noise can go up & down during the day. For example if your connection is already on the distance limits for broadband then it can be possible that excessive line noise might just be that critical factor that tips the connection over the edge and then it looses sync.

**However, if excessive line noise is indeed diagnosed then BT can usually run diagnostics to see if any improvements might be possible.

**I had excessive line noise on my own connection but a BT engineer was able to tweak the "gain" on my line this I beleive can help to reduce line noise and hence improve connection quality & connection durability. Almost no or very very few dropped connections since then.

**You need to contact PN or open a support ticket and ask them if they could have a look at your problem or pass it onto BT if appropriate.

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Your Forum Your Voice,Get Involved!
ady
Grafter

disconnections

hey thx dude... i phoned plus net and they advised me to get a line noise check with BT on 150. however the results said it was fine =\ ...
ive also done the "6" checks for instance plug modem directly into master socket.. still no change.. any other suggestions ?Huh