cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting to games( firewalls and routers??)

N/A

Hi, ive been playing online games for quite awhile now and mostly use All seeing eye. However, my brother mentioned a program called Kali which fools the internet into thinking its on a LAN. My brother can connect and host games fine on Kali, but whenever i try it says connection timed out and that i may be firewalled or be behind a NAT router.

Im a bit new when it comes to this sort of stuff, but i am pretty sure i dont have a firewall (the windows xp firewall isnt checked) installed and i have no other firewall software installed on my pc.

I am unsure about the NAT router and whether i am using one, can anyone help me?? i played around with my LAN settings and it says all my ports are open, but again this is something i am completely unsure of. What i do know is that i never have problems connecting to other servers on ASE and in general, but most of the time i cant host a game

Please can someone help, thanks v.much
1 REPLY
Community Veteran

You have posted exactly the same thread as this in the Games section so I am locking this one.
Please do not post the same thing in multiple threads as it caused confusion when answers could be in any of your threads.