Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confused

cookie141
Grafter

confused

Hi.
Help please..........
I have retrieved my old freeserve mail account (Wanadoo) for the sake of sending photo attachments...the prob is i can receive mail but cannot send.
I have set my incoming mail(POP3) pop.wanadoo.co.uk
outgoing mail(SMPT) smpt.relay.plus.net
But i keep on getting this error message (As Below)
The host 'smtp.relay.plus.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop.wanadoo.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.relay.plus.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
Any ideas round this prob would be welcome.
Cheers Cookie
8 REPLIES
N/A

confused

It's just relay.plus.net
N/A

confused

Try using the method here http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13347
If you no response from telenet, it's most likely a firewall blocking it.
cookie141
Grafter

confused

sorry about posting again
here is the error message i am getting
An unknown error has occurred. Subject '', Account: 'pop.wanadoo.co.uk', Server: 'relay.plus.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B
N/A

confused

The error message you are seeing is the simptoms that you have your from address set wrong.
cookie141
Grafter

confused

yes i am aware .here is the errror message i keep on getting An unknown error has occurred. Subject '', Account: 'pop.wanadoo.co.uk', Server: 'relay.plus.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B
N/A

confused

This is connecting via Plus.net dialup/broadband right?

Do you have another account set up using relay.plus.net which is working?
N/A

confused

I'll try again

The error code 0x800CCC0B arrises when you are using the wrong "from" address in your software.

Are you sure this is correct?
cookie141
Grafter

confused

sorted it out
cheers